Background Apps

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good apps without root to stop them from running. So many apps running in the background and im not even using them. Just need a app to stop them from running in the background till i actually need them. Please help if you can thankyou in advance.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There are some task managers/ app killers on the play store. I don't use any and can't recommend one over the other. You can check them out

app killer - Google Play

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
There are some task managers/ app killers on the play store. I don't use any and can't recommend one over the other. You can check them out

app killer - Google Play

Thank you i guess im going to have to test some of them out. Hopefully someone will chime in and point me in the right direction of one.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Android does a pretty good job when it comes to managing apps. Is your Note 4 up to date?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading many articles and forum posts (some here I think) that task killer and app killer apps are bad for Android and can actually have a negative affect on battery life and system performance. I thought the way Android works it is best to let the system manage apps, unless something is running amuck and killing the battery?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Android does a pretty good job when it comes to managing apps. Is your Note 4 up to date?

Yesmy phone and all the apps are up to date. I just hate how kik and all these apps running in the background. It slows the phone down and makes it hot. I rather have something thats going to keep them from running till needed.

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading many articles and forum posts (some here I think) that task killer and app killer apps are bad for Android and can actually have a negative affect on battery life and system performance. I thought the way Android works it is best to let the system manage apps, unless something is running amuck and killing the battery?

Its mainly the heat and the slow lagging of the phone. When im playing clash of clans etc because the memory is being used. Which sucks because i will close everything and then they just start back up. I dont want to delete the apps just dont want them running if im not using them.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's what android does, starts them back up again, the way its designed to. I think if you start to use a task killer app things may only get worse.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get an app called Watch Dog Lite and use it to kill any that are actually running in the background. Android keeps things in ram by design but when running correctly they are sitting idle (background) and if something needs more active ram (foreground), Android kills the background apps to free up needed ram. If you've got idle apps running in the foreground Watch Dog will show you them and you can kill those manually. Task Killers are not going to be what you need and the Note4 already has a task manager , which works better than task killers.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The fact is many apps are in a Terminate Stay Ready (TSR), state. They appear to be running but they are using virtually no system resources. Killing those apps only results in them starting up and going to TSR again. This consumers extra battery power and increases heat through increased CPU activity. You're best leaving them in the background, or uninstalling them until you need them and then reinstalling.

Then you have apps like KIK, which actually run in a reduced operation state unless you're actually in the app. There are several reasons why these apps do this. First, with regard to KIK it's a text messaging app and it needs to be running and checking for activity so when you're new bae water's l wants to get ahold of you he can text you and you'll receive the notification. Second, it's a "free" app so it needs to collect usage data from your phone and compile that data for sale to the highest bidder.

Third, there are apps which are support apps that need to be active at all times so they can provide the required support. You can terminate these but they'll likely TSR again. So you will see the same results as above.

Android "Claims" to have this under control and to not cause and the system to be bogged down.

The truth is, it still gets bogged down. Your best bet is to uninstall those apps that are being troublesome.