Background apps getting closed LGB 0.9

swordphsh

Reaction score
I've noticed several times a day when I open certain apps, they reload as if they were running for the first time. The most noticeable one is my launcher, GO Launcher EX. I have QuickDesk set as my launcher, which chain then loads GO Launcher and several times a day GO Launcher has to reload and lags the whole phone while doing so. I also notice similar behavior with Handcent reloading several times a day.

I have freemem set to 25mb, no automatic task killers, or custom sysctl settings.

Reaction score
Try getting rid of freemem. The Android OS is very good at managing your phone's memory on its own. If anything else comes in and mucks with it, you get issues like the one you just described.

OP
S

swordphsh

Reaction score
Sorry, that's what I meant...the "minfree taskkiller" built into android. I use the setting in Liberty Toolbox.

OP
S

swordphsh

Reaction score
I'm not sure what default is. It used to say "25MB (recommended)". If it helps any, I noticed today the email "service" was still running, but I didn't receive any emails until opening the app. Edit: Since starting this thread, I've noticed more apps getting closed, such as WidgetLocker lock screen.

Last edited: