Backdoor to APP manager?

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
Hi everyone I'm fairly new to android and recently downloaded helix backgrounds. Before I read all the instructions I reduced the screens down to one without removing the widgets from the home screen. I also set the home button to automatically go to helix which is a big problem.... ( most people tell me to solve my issue I should press the home key then go to apps and uninstall ) so when i press the home button it goes to helix then force closes...over...and over...and over... is there some sort of backdoor in the app manager so i can uninstall this?? I've been asking this question now for maybe an hour and have go no response.

OP
sboman_32

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
i searched for safe mode read it and tried it.... i opened the phone and pressed the menu button on the slide out keyboard since it was always on, while pressing the power button through both the splash screens. after the first two splash screens the phone would vibrate and restart the boot process. it did this several times before i finally gave up. any other suggestions?? i'm fixing to throw this thing at verizon

Mohawk3

Reaction score
i searched for safe mode read it and tried it.... i opened the phone and pressed the menu button on the slide out keyboard since it was always on, while pressing the power button through both the splash screens. after the first two splash screens the phone would vibrate and restart the boot process. it did this several times before i finally gave up. any other suggestions?? i'm fixing to throw this thing at verizon

I had a problem with this homescreen replacement as well. I followed this video on youtube to put it into safe mode:

[video=youtube;YMYkn3q9TjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMYkn3q9TjY]YouTube - Putting Droid in Safe Mode[/video]

"Putting Droid in Safe Mode"
is the title if the url does not show up. I was able to boot into safe mode and remove helix as it was giving me a force close endless loop since I thought that I only had to remove the widgets and icons from the outermost screens only to drop the screen number from 5 to 3.