Back up data

GVA

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new here and spent time searching for a answer but couldnt find it.
I want to do the FDR to my droid 4.
Since the ICS update is near and I hear about alot of problems from others regarding the battery life, phone overheating,ETC ETC ETC.
I would like to back up all my data on my phone.
So my question:
How do I make sure my texts, apps, folders, pics, hidden files (all MY stuff) are put back into my droid 4 after I do a factory data reset?
I assume that I need to put everything onto my SD card then transfer to my PC.
I need step by step instructions, I am not that tech savy.:)
Thanks in advance

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
I can't answer all of your questions but,...

1. I backed up my contacts on the SD card and Verizon Backup Assistant (I don't want to give bad advice about saving your pics, files, folders, etc. but, I would assume the SD card is where you should save them; an FDR doesn't erase anything on your SD card).

2. I did a FDR before and after installing ICS.

3. Reloaded contacts from Verizon Backup Assistant (no reason to reload them from SD card as all were correctly and completely reinstalled with Verizon Backup Assistant).

3. Manually reinstalled all apps. I have read many who had some issues trying to use apps that were saved and reloaded.

I, too, was very leery about ICS. I read so many complaints as well. However, like this forum pointed out, mostly you only hear about the complaints or issues. My advice? Upgrade and don't look back. Since upgrading to ICS (following the above directions), I have seen a tremendous improvement in battery life! I used to charge everyday with GB. Now, I can get 2-3 days in between charges. ICS made my Razr Maxx more efficient, smoother, less dependent on a wall outlet, and and more of an enjoyment to use. I think you will find the same to be true for you as well.

By the way,....Welcome. This forum is loaded with very helpful and knowledgeable people.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score