Avoid Toll Roads

PRince

Reaction score
Im sorry if this has been posted somewhere else. I looked and couldn't find the direct answer I was looking for.

Is there a way to "click" "avoid toll roads" on the google maps application?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im sorry if this has been posted somewhere else. I looked and couldn't find the direct answer I was looking for.

I don't believe that's an option. I guess if you see a sign that says "Toll Road" you'll know to avoid it. I know what you mean, it would be helpful during navigation.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't believe that's an option. I guess if you see a sign that says "Toll Road" you'll know to avoid it. I know what you mean, it would be helpful during navigation.

Actually within the layers there is some type of an option for that. I don't remember directly how to get there but I do remember it's somewhere in the layers. At least it is for Google Maps 4.0. Does Eris use that?

ninjarob

Reaction score
im about %99.9 sure google has a deal with the florida toll roads. It dosent miss a chance to throw me on a toll even if its a block down the road. If anyone finds a way to overcome this or if their is a different navigation app please let me know

doogald

Reaction score
im about %99.9 sure google has a deal with the florida toll roads. It dosent miss a chance to throw me on a toll even if its a block down the road. If anyone finds a way to overcome this or if their is a different navigation app please let me know

In the latest version of the Navigation app when you are setting up your nav there is an icon in the top right that looks like a couple of gears. You can tell it to avoid tolls or highways. See if you can see that control.

ninjarob

Reaction score
In the latest version of the Navigation app when you are setting up your nav there is an icon in the top right that looks like a couple of gears. You can tell it to avoid tolls or highways. See if you can see that control.

Yes I found the settings thank you.. not exactly as you described but I find it in settings>route info>options>couple of gears. Thank you

damienps

Reaction score

I only recently got an Android phone and with my version of Google Maps 6.14.2, I cannot see the couple of gears.

Can you help me thanks

Damien

doogald

Reaction score
I only recently got an Android phone and with my version of Google Maps 6.14.2, I cannot see the couple of gears.

Can you help me thanks

It's changed. There is now a control with three horizontal lines on the bottom right. Tapping that opens a menu that allows you to set the options to avoid tolls or highways (among other options.)