Avoid "mobile" version of website?

holmes

Reaction score
I know skyfire browser will go to the regular version of a website but does anyone know how to NOT go to the mobile version of a website with the default Droid browser? I know I should like the fact that they may have an alt. Site but some sites I just want the same site as I see on my pc. Thanx in advance for any ideas/ suggestions.

metsnfins

Reaction score
cant do it on the default

you can do it on dolphin too

rich_r

Reaction score
I know skyfire browser will go to the regular version of a website but does anyone know how to NOT go to the mobile version of a website with the default Droid browser? I know I should like the fact that they may have an alt. Site but some sites I just want the same site as I see on my pc. Thanx in advance for any ideas/ suggestions.

Some of the default browsers allow you to change the UAString by entering "about:debug" for the URL and then press enter. If you have done it correctly it will not appear as if anything has happened. But when you go into Setting for the browser and scroll to the bottom you should have an option to set the UAString (set it to desktop rather than Android). This setting does not always "stick" so you may need to repeat the process when you reenter the Browser.

If your Browser does not support this feature then as posted you can use Dolphin HD or xScope -- both of these browsers support setting the UA String.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Additionally, with some sites there's a distinct URL for the full site. The user agent approach (with a non-stock browser) is easier IMO.

IIRC, the pay version of xScope allows you to specify the user agent on a per-domain basis.