Availability of the S2 tablet

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
My girlfriend has provided part of her Christmas list already and one item she has on the list is the Galaxy S2 9.7" tablet. The link she provided (via Amazon) goes to a listing of vendors that have the item either used or refurbished. I'm having a hard time locating this tablet new...and the few places I have found it new are asking $600 or more for it.

So what's up with the S2? It's over a year old, the S3 tablet still does not have an official release date...if stock on the S2 is dwindling, I would think the new units would be a bit cheaper at this point.

I may end up buying one of the refurbs that she has listed but there is still part of me that worries about that.

Thanks...

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Costco had it this weekend for under $300 awesome deal as I got it for over $500

Sent by my new S7-Edge

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind there are technically two models of the Tab S2. The original (Model T810) the Tab S2 (2016) (Model T813). The biggest difference between the two is that original used an Exynos CPU and the updated model uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 652.

The updated models should be available at Best Buy.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Mine was the T810, same as what's at Costco, very good machine, awesome screen.

Sent by my new S7-Edge

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been looking hard at them myself. My Nexus 7 is getting a bit long in the tooth and I've been wanting to upgrade. Still hoping that rumored "new" N7 becomes a reality before I jump on anything.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Thanks folks, this is good info to have. I did not realize there was a CPU change mid-production. That explains why I'm seeing so many used and refurbs...I guess everything I searched on is the T810 model and that's also what she's got listed on her "Wish List."

After doing another search at other places for the T813, those results do come back with new units but still over the $500 mark. Wish I could've taken advantage of that Costco deal...too bad I'm not a member!

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's definitely confusing as all get out. Even the "Samsung Store" here at my local Best Buy only has T710/T810 display models. They're same units that have been on display for the last two years and have horrendous screen burn in.

Judging by your profile, you could probably go to either the Glen Burnie or Annapolis stores to check them out.

[QUOTE="IIGood, post: 2716597, member: 87521"......]new units but still over the $500 mark.....[/QUOTE]

Which is part of the reason I'm still in the 'looking' phase and not the 'buying' phase ;)

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I'll be willing to bet there will NOT be new N7, maybe a Pixel 7/8. There is the Pixel which is 10" now.

Sent by my new S7-Edge

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea the Pixel C is a bit more than I need. I like my current N7 just fine but I know it's not going to last forever. It's a great little tablet that came with great features and a great price. One the features I fear will not be included in a new model is wireless charging. I love being able to plop the tablet on a charging pad next to my nightstand and not have to worry about fumbling around looking the cable in the dark bedroom.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Which is part of the reason I'm still in the 'looking' phase and not the 'buying' phase ;)

LOL. I hear ya! I was hoping that the S3 tablet was just around the corner and maybe Samsung would start really unloading the S2s for some nice clearance pricing. Guess that's not gonna happen for the holiday.

I almost want to get her another brand that might not be as spendy...a while back I was flipping channels and landed on one of the home shopping channels. They were doing their tech segment and had an Asus ZenPad 10.1 for like $129. It was ridiculous...I was seriously, seriously contemplating getting one for myself.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I ended up ordering a 10.1" Tab A for her. I saw that Samsung is having some rather impressive (early) Black Friday deals so I took advantage. The 10.1 Tab A that I ordered is originally $299.99, it's on sale through 11/30 for $199.99. Standard shipping is free but they do factor in sales tax, where applicable. This is straight from Samsung's web site, though I do see it eventually trickling down to other retailers in their Black Friday offerings.

Tablets aren't the only thing on sale from Sammy either...they seem to have some good deals on various TVs and other products across their entire line.

R

RETG

LOL. I hear ya! I was hoping that the S3 tablet was just around the corner and maybe Samsung would start really unloading the S2s for some nice clearance pricing. Guess that's not gonna happen for the holiday.

I almost want to get her another brand that might not be as spendy...a while back I was flipping channels and landed on one of the home shopping channels. They were doing their tech segment and had an Asus ZenPad 10.1 for like $129. It was ridiculous...I was seriously, seriously contemplating getting one for myself.

I know this is an old thread. But I purchased the Asus in march and it died in July and has been in the ASUSTek repair center since 7/28 and they still have not repair it. Bad enough it stopped working, what is worse is they have lied and given every excuse known to mankind about why it is taking so long.
So today, I order a Samsung S2 (813) model from Amazon for $347.99.
Someday I'll get the Asus back (I think) and use it for about a month to make sure it works, and then sell it.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you must have gotten a lemon. no problems with the one I have. the samsung tab s2 is one of the better ones. It was a choice between it and the zenpad last year when I was ready for a new tablet. the s3 failed to show like I was hoping last fall and I was ready for a new one.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow I'm bummed to hear about your Zenpad going bad on you. I've had mine since Christmas and its been pretty rock solid.