Auto-Rotate on Replacement JB Phone Not Working

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
EDIT: Decided to order Replacement #3!!! Passed 100-point inspection yeah right...there's a couple points they missed. Better make that 102-point inspection so far.

Ugh, sounds like I'm joining the club. My first replacement, the power button was too far pushed in but otherwise functioned fine. I requested a second replacement. The second replacement's power button is better, but not as good as my first MAXX. Already created a thread on that one.

Now I'm noticing that auto-rotate doesn't work on my second replacement. I went ahead and verified that Auto-Rotate was set (System Settings>Display>Auto-Rotate Checked). I did a FDR a few times. Am I missing something? I did FDR both through Settings>Privacy and also through Recovery.

My original phone did auto-rotate. I had the stock launcher on it. I highly doubt I did anything special to it.

As a test, I installed this application for drinks recipes. It has this feature where you can shake your phone and get a different recipe. THAT works. My phone knows when it's being shaken. I just don't understand why Auto-Rotate doesn't work.

_skibum

Reaction score
Did you enable the "Auto rotate screen" option under settings->display?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I have to ask...

NWRULES

Reaction score
I'm on replacement #4. Join the club brother. That speech you have to listen to from Verizon is getting really old. I've memorized it by now. 100 point inspection, blah blah blah......... After this one doesn't work, I'm demanding a new phone. This getting ridiculous

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Did you enable the "Auto rotate screen" option under settings->display?
It's not a dumb question. Depends on the user. Yes I did try that though, thanks for throwing that out there. I actually went to the Verizon Wireless Store and had two different employees mess with my phone. They FDR'd it a few times and nothing. I get Replacement #3 in the morning. Can't wait to go through this again...maybe.

I'm on replacement #4. Join the club brother. That speech you have to listen to from Verizon is getting really old. I've memorized it by now. 100 point inspection, blah blah blah......... After this one doesn't work, I'm demanding a new phone. This getting ridiculous

Yeah, 100 point inspection. What points are they talking about? I think they missed a few. Should make it 200 point inspection.