Auto On-Off for android (a very, VERY popular feature of Blackberry). Is it possible?

jlv916

Reaction score
I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S3 and I really like the phone. I came from a Blackberry and I loved the auto on-off feature. I have searched high and low for an app that would make my S3 turn on and off automatically, to no avail. I even read somewhere that this was impossibe in the Android OS.

Does anyone know of an app for this, or is it really impossible?

If it is not possible this is something the Android people really need to look at. Maybe an app developer could find a to make this work. I know would a lot of former Blackberry owners (and there are a ton of them) would be glad to pay a reasonable price for such an app.

S3 lover in Mexico.

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S3 and I really like the phone. I came from a Blackberry and I loved the auto on-off feature. I have searched high and low for an app that would make my S3 turn on and off automatically, to no avail. I even read somewhere that this was impossibe in the Android OS.

Does anyone know of an app for this, or is it really impossible?

If it is not possible this is something the Android people really need to look at. Maybe an app developer could find a to make this work. I know would a lot of former Blackberry owners (and there are a ton of them) would be glad to pay a reasonable price for such an app.

S3 lover in Mexico.

-This is definitely not possible in Android.

-In Android there are no low power processes still running when shut down occurs. When it's off it's off.

-Older basic phones had this functionality. That's why many of them had alarms that still functioned when the phone was off.

-In Android it might be possible to do this with the phone charging since the software is accessed during charging.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Is what the op asking not possible with a cpu governor on deep sleep?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Is what the op asking not possible with a cpu governor on deep sleep?

That would still need the phone to be on. The OP wants the phone to turn completely off then completely on within a certain time schedule. Deep sleep is just the phone being idle, while on.