Audio pitch/speed

jallenusn

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the audio on my droid. I first noticed the issue while streaming espn radio at work. The audio sounded as if it was playing at a higher speed causing it to be high pitched (like the chipmunks sound). At the time I thought it had something to do with the feed from espn however i just downloaded a soundboard and it is having the same behavior. I opened up the music player and attempted to play a couple of audio files off of my SDcard and it continued to playback at a higher speed rate. I searched the boards and haven't been able to find any similar issues. Any suggestions?

sergiomorgado

Reaction score
really sorry for grave digging a thread that hasn't been posted in for over 2 months, but I just looked through the first 10 pages and found no others of the sort with answers.

soo....
I too have encountered this problem on my Droid. The other day I was listening to Pandora in my car and it just gradually flowed into a 2xspeed+high pitch mode. It phases in and out between that and normal speed/pitch. I checked other forms of music playing and it is everything. I have been trying to find a way to fix this issue, but have not been successful.
has anybody encountered this and been able to fix it?

OP
J

jallenusn

Reaction score
I'm glad to see someone else finally experienced this. Evidently this doesn't happen terribly often for anyone else but this still ocasionally occurs for me still but it is not frequent enough to try and trouble shoot and determine what is causing it. it used to occur while streaming espnradio live only (which is weird because I don't know how a live program speeds up it's feed) but most recently it happened when switching from espnradio to pandora.

sergiomorgado

Reaction score
it happens to everything on my phone, except for phone calls and ring tones... its so annoying. especially because I got a CD yesterday and went to a friends house to use their computer to put it on my phone (my computers CD drive is permanently occupied by an installation/run CD) and I cant listen to the music now without it being sped up...

OP
J

jallenusn

Reaction score
Whenever it happens to me I reboot and that usually fixes it.