Atrix 4G review (Android wins ATT)

patfactorx

Reaction score
If you thought ATT was the Iphone carrier then you're wrong! I give it 2 years before Android overtakes iOS as the #1 phone OS if this phone sets the precedent of things to come.

Atrix 4G is going to be the speed leader for the first half of the year and I personally like Motoblur light just cuz it improves on contacts so much.

There are no weaknesses for this phone IMO. Big screen, fast, great build, good cameras, reliable.

Apparently Engadget LOVES this phone.

"The Atrix 4G might be our favorite Android device that we've tested. It's got specs that run laps around most other devices"

Motorola Atrix 4G review -- Engadget

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you thought ATT was the Iphone carrier then you're wrong!
They were. They're no longer the exclusive carrier in the US so it makes sense that they'd look into promoting Android at this point.

There are no weaknesses for this phone IMO. Big screen, fast, great build, good cameras, reliable.
The last point isn't proven IMO until the product has shipped and been in consumer hands for quite some time.

EagleStrike

Reaction score
Well since most of us like to root... that's the problem with this phone. I read their whole review. They said its locked down so tight they couldn't root nor even install an apk from the SD card. This phone might sound good, but no open source... so what's the point?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
patfactorx

patfactorx

Reaction score
the G2 was said to be unrootable too and we saw how that turned out

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Locked down or unrootable won't matter to the masses.

I saw another demo of the lapdock feature and it was much more impressive than the one I saw at CES. But IMO the docking cradle is the way to go, still expensive (rumored @ $150?) but I like the idea of plugging in a 21" LCD screen, full keyboard and mouse and/or printer. But no thanks for mostly just surfing (cloud services aren't quite there yet, IMO).