BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Yes.

Haha!

She's got bad cell reception at home. Uverse/wifi would make that less of an issue, but Uverse doesn't cover her house. It stops less than a mile away from here home.

So, they don't have coverage at her house, but can't provide her with a backup solution either.
Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I think the issue is that there's not really an ISP that covers her house, but I could be wrong.

Still, I agree.
That is correct. Not even Hugh's net.

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I thought it was about both, but obviously she's not getting what she needs with either company. Sounds like she should have stuck with VZW and then found an alternate ISP that wasn't associated with a cell provider.
At this point all she can do is voice her concerns to the big dogs at ATT to get them to release her from her contract. But that's like trying to extract water from granite....not bloody likely gov'nah!
It sucks regardless! Good luck & keep us updated Bama.

S5 tap'n
You are 100% correct sir.

However, I was trying to do the right thing. Backfired on me.

Just got on the phone with a higher up executive at corporate office.

He is going to report back soon.

If I could just get someone to explain why. Why they cannot come .6 miles and further.

I am more than certain what it would entail, but as I mentioned to the gentleman on the phone.

Imo, our case should be considered somewhat of an exception.

But idk, it is what it is.

No one's fault but my own. I should have checked the coverage area myself instead of going by someone's word.

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I am slightly hormonal today gentlemen, so forgive me if I seem too invested in this personally.

It is hard not to take it personal. I took a HUGE step dropping that kind of money down thinking eventually down the line it would even out.

Instead, I did my family a disservice and put us in this situation. Not a real good feeling.

However, I am trying to keep the line between facts and emotions in check.

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Compassion, from a cellphone carrier? You're lucky if you get any answer at all.
Agreed. Idk why I said that. Just voicing my thoughts.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Contact the BBB as well. If att can't provide you a service, get the $1200 refunded back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Contact the BBB as well. If att can't provide you a service, get the $1200 refunded back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Messaged you kind sir.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm in the same boat as you only my story is slightly different. I've been with Verizon for about 9 or 10 years ..we moved down here and i bought our house about 9 years ago. That Christmas is when they started lighting up 4G ..and man we got a great signal faster than fast.

Then one day about 6 months later. That all changed. We started getting questionable service for both data and voice. Even the 3g signal went to crap..and my bill with these Yahoo's is a car payment or more if I purchase equipment...I hounded them about fixing their crap ..got nowhere..they let me out of my contracts. But. Their service is better than att T-Mobile sprint and the others.

Something I did learn from it all..they can move certain 4g antennas now .to change coverage in areas like pro football stadiums or baseball or whatever..if the event needs more spectrum they can provide it. But for this of us that live in a friggin hole....we can kiss off..

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I'm in the same boat as you only my story is slightly different. I've been with Verizon for about 9 or 10 years ..we moved down here and i bought our house about 9 years ago. That Christmas is when they started lighting up 4G ..and man we got a great signal faster than fast.

Then one day about 6 months later. That all changed. We started getting questionable service for both data and voice. Even the 3g signal went to crap..and my bill with these Yahoo's is a car payment or more if I purchase equipment...I hounded them about fixing their crap ..got nowhere..they let me out of my contracts. But. Their service is better than att T-Mobile sprint and the others.

Something I did learn from it all..they can move certain 4g antennas now .to change coverage in areas like pro football stadiums or baseball or whatever..if the event needs more spectrum they can provide it. But for this of us that live in a friggin hole....we can kiss off..
If i could only get ahold of a big wig in corporate.....

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Call and ask to speak to someone in loss prevention..it may take a few times .rattle the bars..

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Sigh, I just want to throw in the towel. I am going to go back and read the contract again

marianneS

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
can't you just unlock the phone and go elsewhere? I think i might have missed it - why did you leave verizon?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
As far as I know, you can't unlock the Verizon Moto Z Force Droid.