Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

The HTC Aria is the best chance at a home run with Android AT&T has had yet. But somehow they continually find ways to sabotage their best chances. In an increasingly characteristic move for AT&T, they have limited their newest phone to apps only in the Android Market. There is no longer an option to load apps from non-market sources.

The Motorola Backflip limps along in the exact same manner. It should however be noted that this is not a problem with the phone, but a limitation directly imposed by AT&T. Really the complaints should be directed toward AT&T. These phones are highly capable devices which AT&T prevents you from using to their greatest potential. Thus some do not like saying that the phone is crippled more accurately AT&T is crippling it.

I think we are all getting tired of these games. How about you?

AT&T Cripples Another Android Yet Again | Androidheadlines.com

Last edited:

Fault

Reaction score
Could u possibly root the phone to allow it?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
AT&T taking a play from Steve Jobs playbook I see.....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apple's hand in AT&T's shirt controlling the dummy. Exactly why I hope to never see the iPhone on VZW. Who knows what Apple will demand and if VZW caves.... :(

nagmier

Reaction score
AT&T taking a play from Steve Jobs playbook I see.....

of course they are the biggest apple fanboys on the planet... that nw would have sunk 2-3years ago without the iPhone...

I had an iPhone and others on the ATT network before then (I was on my parent's plan) the iPhone is nice but it doesn't help crappy service and crappy support... What really gripes me is ATT putting these types of restrictions on the phones! I would rather them NOT be advertised as Android OS phones honestly since your not getting Android at least not in a purest sense and hell HTC's SenseUI and MotoBlur as bad as alot of people like to call them is better than this... Google shouldn't allow it in my opinion it just hurts Androids Rep

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
surprised??? ... Not really...:icon_eek:

cromo8

Reaction score
they have an opportunity to increase the size of their network with android platform but they stay more on the iphone strenght, do they not see reports of whats popular?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple's hand in AT&T's shirt controlling the dummy. Exactly why I hope to never see the iPhone on VZW. Who knows what Apple will demand and if VZW caves.... :(

When u say it like that, I pray I dont see it either....

But with starting with the Droid, the Inc. and now the Droid X, the Droid 2 coming soon, the Droid Pro coming later, hopefully that means Verizon has no intentions of even dealing with Apple. By the time Apple's contract with AT&T is up, Verizon should have some leverage to dictate what they wont accept if they do bring the iPhone on board.

Last edited:

SeattleUser

Reaction score
Non-market sources cause problems?

I follow the various Droid forums and read about all sorts of strange problems people have with their phones. I wonder how many of these problems are caused by poorly written aps. That would be a good reason to not allow them.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I follow the various Droid forums and read about all sorts of strange problems people have with their phones. I wonder how many of these problems are caused by poorly written aps. That would be a good reason to not allow them.

There are poorly written aps on the market. This is about freedom of choice, and the desire to not be force-fed anything.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think its sad AT&T doesn't even market these phones as Android or Google. On none of the backflip commercials is either ever mentioned, nor the market. AT&T is really turning their backs on Android and they are gonna pay in time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mojo

Reaction score
I don't know why Att does this, it only hurts the sales of the devices. Blogs tend to do bad reviews on crippled devices.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh how the tide has turned. While I worked for VZW, everyone was down on VZW because of crippled devices, and they were going to go elsewhere. Now, not even Google Maps is crippled on BB phones and they've managed to leave the Android phones useful to their fullest extent. Between Sprint, AT&T and VZW (lets even throw T-M in there), AT&T was almost forced to start carrying Android phones, so they did, but of course they are being controlled by Apple. Maybe some of these Android devices that AT&T are crippling will eventually find their way to one of the other carriers fully functional.