Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Specs and Release Timeframe Rumors Refresher

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
transformer-pad-infinity-with doc.JPG

Picture Source: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Overview & Specs - Tablets - CNET Reviews

It's been a little while since we have seen any news come out regarding Asus' next flagship tablet, the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700. We thought we would share a refresher as well as a new rumored launch timeframe. According to the latest intel we have been hearing, the tablet will likely arrive sometime in July/August, although no specifics have been given. The device is probably ready for release, but Asus is waiting for a good market timing. Here's a refresh on specs of this awesome looking beast:
  • 1,920x1,200-pixel-resolution, 10.1-inch screen Super IPS+
  • TF700 can be mated with an optional keyboard dock
  • The front camera 2-megapixel and will allow for HD video chat conferencing
  • The 8-megapixel rear camera gets an aperture upgrade from F/2.4 to F/2.2 on the TF700. (This will allow for more detail in video and still shots.)
  • Improved back-panel design. (plastic instead of aluminum)
  • As thin as the Prime
  • Android 4.0
  • Nvidia Tegra 3 running at 1.6GHz
  • 1GB of RAM
  • Corning Gorilla Glass 2
  • Micro HDMI, and Micro SD
  • Optional keyboard dock available as an extra; priced about $150
Prices will likely start at $600 for 32GB and $700 for 64GB.

We have another discussion thread for specs going on here: Infinity 700 series, Pad 300 series specs

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Fate?? I think so... I was just saying that I need a new tab :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Siouxsie

Reaction score
I know I am laaaaate to the party as I've never had a tablet and have had my eye on this since I first heard about it.
My question is this: should I wait and pay a bundle for this or go for a tablet that has been around the block a few times for considerably less?
Oh and No ipads. I like Android, tinkering, and customizing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I know I am laaaaate to the party as I've never had a tablet and have had my eye on this since I first heard about it.
My question is this: should I wait and pay a bundle for this or go for a tablet that has been around the block a few times for considerably less?
Oh and No ipads. I like Android, tinkering, and customizing.

Well it depends... I like this tab, but the tf300 looks to be a great tab too. It depends on what you want really :)

kparks

Reaction score
Well it depends... I like this tab, but the tf300 looks to be a great tab too. It depends on what you want really :)

i agree this pad looks really good and the tf300 is a absolute amazing tab my buddy has one and its so smooth,great speaker and screen really the total package!!! IMO ASUS make the best android tabs on the market and this is looking good for anyone in the tab market.. ill be getting my tab later this year after i save up and it will be a asus pad for sure

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too much. Maybe for $500 but I can't justify that much for a tablet.

I agree 450 to 500 range

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Thanks. Was gonna try to save up for the Infinity but I guess the prime will be what I get till the Infinity price drops to. Reasonable level.
Do you guys think the Infinity will surpass the Ipad? A friend keeps telling me how great the Ipad2 is and I should get that. I am not an Apple fan like my friend is.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Siouxsie said:
Thanks. Was gonna try to save up for the Infinity but I guess the prime will be what I get till the Infinity price drops to. Reasonable level.
Do you guys think the Infinity will surpass the Ipad? A friend keeps telling me how great the Ipad2 is and I should get that. I am not an Apple fan like my friend is.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Well the prime and the tf300 are different pads. Ive got quite a bit of experience with the NEW ipad 3 lol.. And the tf300 they both are great tabs but the ipad cost way way too much when u can get the asus at half the cost and performs just as good if not better it should be a easy decision if ur a android fan.

geoff5093

Reaction score
This looks nice, but I just can't see a reason to buy a tablet. That's what large smartphones are for :D

carolek

Reaction score
Best Buy has the Infinity wi-fi 64 gb model listed at $599.99.
It is listed as "sold out online." They're probably just getting the listing ready for when it releases.
The color listed was champagne.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Like the Note? That's just too big for me to be a practical phone. I would rather have a tablet and a phone :p
Personal preference I guess. The Note is pretty big, but a nice 4.6-4.8" phone would be the perfect combination!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone tell me why I should spend the extra $150 on this pad instead of the Acer Iconia a700, same OS, same resolution, the TF700 has a 1.6Ghz cpu and the a700 a 1.4 Ghz cpu, not significant improvement for that extra $150, and you can have the Acer today, which is nice, so again why should I give Asus $150 more. And this Cnet guy should do his homework, how can he say it isthe first high resolution Android tablet, when the Acer already has the a700 on sale NOW.

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
Well, 32gb model versus 32 gb model the price is only $50 difference. That gives you a better pixel density, lighter weight, thinner, faster CPU, faster RAM, better cameras, no skinned OS, and optional keyboard dock. Seems worth $50 to me...I returned my 28 day old Prime today and will wait for the infinity.