Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Gets Minor Firmware Update, But Still on Android 4.1.1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
infinity-update-oct-firmware.jpeg

Here's a head-scratcher for you. Apparently, there is a new minor firmware update for the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700. This minor update brings the software version to V10.4.4.18; however, it doesn't change the version of Android on the device. Even though Android 4.1.2 is out for several devices, this update leaves that alone, so the Infinity is still on 4.1.1. This update addresses problems with Wi-Fi, the QWERTY keyboard and the camera.

Even though this update doesn't quite get us to the next version of Android, it's still impressive to see how quickly Asus continues to update their devices. It would be nice to see all the OEMs take heed and follow this example.

Sound off if you are one of the folks who received this update already.

Thanks to our tipsters!

Source: TransformerForums

mfloyd

Reaction score
Just got the update when I got home and it's just about done. Asus sure has put out updates quickly for this tablet. I absolutely love mine.

Skybill

Reaction score
Firmware Update

I have a TF201 Transformer Tablet and I got the same update pushed to me Tuesday 16-OCT. Same thing...Android Version 4.1.1. Didn't notice any real changes in anything.

Javaknight

Reaction score
just got the update and now I think my Infinity is silently judging me, but other than that no difference that I can tell

1coopgt

Reaction score
I got it . Didn't really notice a difference .