Asus First To See Jellybean Update?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
asuslogo.jpg

Could Asus be one of the first manufacturer's to see the 5.0 aka Jellybean update? According to Benson Lin, Asus' Corporate Vice President, yes it could. Lin told Tech Radar "Asus is very close to Google, so once they have Android 5.0 I think there will be a high possibility that we will be the first wave to offer the Jelly Bean update."

Judging Asus's past history, we wouldn't doubt this to be true. The company was the first to provide tablets running Honeycomb and the first to push the Ice Cream Sandwich update to its tablets, so there is a very high probability Lin assertions will become a reality. One thing is for sure, Asus is really pushing to become a major player on the Android platform.

Source: Tech Radar

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
If this is true then to tie into the other thread, I could very much see Asus making the next nexus.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this is true then to tie into the other thread, I could very much see Asus making the next nexus.
I actually agree with this. Asus has been very timely with their updates. Granted they're mostly tablets and don't have a wireless carrier to approve the updates but they were still the first to update their devices.

jdlowsracer

Reaction score
I'd love to see ASUS start making smartphones or even see the Padphone come to Verizon. I have always liked their hardware.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I'd love to see ASUS start making smartphones or even see the Padphone come to Verizon. I have always liked their hardware.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I've only had experience with ASUS's motherboards, but they're by far my favorite vendor in that category. All of there mobos are solid.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Kept their promise with the Prime, so I guess there's some truth.

Insidious

Reaction score
I've only had experience with ASUS's motherboards, but they're by far my favorite vendor in that category. All of there mobos are solid.

ASUS mobo's are great! I second that!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums