Asus Comment on Twitter Sparks A Controversy; Is There Rampant Sexism in Tech?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I doubt she has a bum to sit on. I bet when she signed on, she was given the forms stating all pics are property of Asus, and that she waives all claims and damages arising to such use.

That would totally depend on her contract and largely, who represents her. It varies from person and agency... and pictures of an expected nature can come into play. The thing about the law is that its not black and white. Its open to interpretation. And in lawsuits, the winner is the lawyer who made the judge, or jury or both, see things from their prospective.

Open and shut cases get lost all the time do to just that, the other lawyer was more convincing, was able to play to the sympathies of the jury, and even situations where the jury or judge didn't like how the other side looked or conducted themselves.. the law isn't about what's written, its supposed to be..

The side that wins, is the side that's the most prepared.. thats a fact. That's why a large part of many cases is to off balance the other side, same as in a fight of any kind,, the element of surprise is a powerful weapon in any situation.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
My statement wasn't to imply that she would sue, but there is a possibility...if she wanted to push it, sexual harassment..the right lawyer could easily make that case....my statement was meaning that alot of people wear their feelings on their sleeves, and are sensitive about things of this nature. With just cause.

Also with a lawsuit of this kind, there would be no jail time, it would be purely monetary.

Also there are many different types of models, hand, eye, fitness, lingerie, leg, foot, nude, semi nude and so on.

If she was hired to put her butt in a pic, that's one thing, but that's not the case.

Just my take on it.

Also, its one thing to think a woman is good looking, but quite another to take a pic of her butt and put it online.

I didn't think you were saying that

it's just crazy that people are so damn sensitive, I've actually told people they were idiots for being to sensitive, what's amusing is how flabbergasted they get, how they can't even respond.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I didn't think you were saying that

it's just crazy that people are so damn sensitive, I've actually told people they were idiots for being to sensitive, what's amusing is how flabbergasted they get, how they can't even respond.

Lol, hence the power of surprise!! Roflol

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
And although this situation does not appear to rise to the level of a lawsuit or being considered sexual harassment... I suppose she might be the one to decide that but no matter what the contract says, or what contract a woman (or man) signs, no contract can legally give permission for a person to be subject to sexual harassment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
But you never know to what extent a person or persons might try to push something :shock: well all. There've been many good points made on this subject. Way to keep it clean and not get personal!! :) that's why our forum rocks... intelligent members :) goodnight guys and gals :):hail::hail:

kparks

Reaction score
I don't understand why there in hot water they said what every guy was thinking.. I just love when girls dress in some short skirt with there junk all hanging out then get pissed off when u say sumn. It's like u know what u had on when u left ur house lol..

smokiedabong

Reaction score
WTF is wrong with the comment? I swear the world is turning into a bunch of politically correct fake pansies, isn't she a model hired for her looks to sell a product ?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with people today? You got a woman paid to look good and she was complemented for doing her job well. Geez!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Nothing wrong with that tweet IMO.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Compared to commercials and stuff nowadays, and past, the comment on twitter is quite moddest. I see no problem with it, wasn't exactly degrading, was it? She was hired to look good, and she did her job. Where's the controversy surrounding that new Hooters commercial? Or because this isn't about beer and such, it's bad?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If that comment is sexist, so is having the models show off the products. I personally don't think the comment was bad. If they don't want comments like that, don't give people a reason to say them.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The point is you've got a girl who was quite clearly hired for her looks (and she knows this), who quite clearly put on an outfit that showed off her ahem assets ahem (she knows this too), and then everyone is supposed to pretend she's just an innocent damsel in distress who had no clue that people are looking at her. :confused:

Someone said it best "twitter faux outrage"...you've got a bunch of ppl sitting around acting like they're defending her virtue when it's so ridiculous how offended ppl are over this. it's a silly comment and that's it.

The girl wasn't hired to do quality assurance or engineering for asus. She was hired to look good and stand there. Why does the truth offend ppl?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I havent been on in a while but i had to say something on this one.... Some people are jealous of here, thats cool, but lets not make it appear to be against women. Its a compliment, one which i agree with. :biggrin: Im a dude yes, but arnt feminist about being equal? What does this have to do with that? I can honestly see the equal argument (im not that blind) but when you start ranting about guys and their obvious love for women then i think that one is a hard uphill battle. Its part of how us guys are made. Nature makes us this way. (Thus the hill would be almost impossible to climb :happy3:) :biggrin: that is exactly why companies hire beautiful ladies to present the product, it is perfect advertising. the company is smart to do this because it works. Go to mexico and watch the commercials.... Enough said. :p *BTW this argument might have been posted already but i just skipped to the last page since i need to be off to bed. if someone beat me to it, HIGH FIVE.:icon_ lala:
SKIP to 1:05 [video=youtube;5SsBS9tRdH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SsBS9tRdH4[/video]