Asurion sending out unlocked Galaxy Nexus devices as replacement?

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
right, but it kinda proves they don't do a dang thing to it...

drew96dawg

Reaction score
they don't care because vzw knows we are going to pay the $100 before we buy a $700 phone third party

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
true, just frustrating... maybe I've just had rose colored glasses on all these years

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
weird i thought they would at least reflash it after they replaced broken screen ot whatever

wolfman4u

Reaction score
weird i thought they would at least reflash it after they replaced broken screen ot whatever

I would think they would want to. No telling what trash could be left behind.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

meishkov

Reaction score
Dang, I knew I should've signed up for insurance when I got my OG in November of '09, but it only lasts the term of your contract right? So I'd be sol if I had it still today n decided to smash my OG into the cement cuz of lag n lack of RAM??

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dang, I knew I should've signed up for insurance when I got my OG in November of '09, but it only lasts the term of your contract right? So I'd be sol if I had it still today n decided to smash my OG into the cement cuz of lag n lack of RAM??

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

no i am fairly sure you have insurance so long as your paying for it .. but all you would get would be the OG droid . they wont update you to nexus ..

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, that article is pretty crazy.

They sent out, what looks like dozens of unlocked devices. Think of how many people end up having to go to Verizon to get something checked out and the employee sees it's unlocked, warranty voided... And the employees would never believe the customer hadn't unlocked them.

I pay for insurance on my Nexus because I didn't want to use a case on it, but it they're just going to send be some bum unlocked not fixed device, that worries me.