Assurion: Do they care if I send the broken device rooted/ROMmed

Sam Fisher

Reaction score
curious if any one knows if assurion cares if my broken phone is rooted and ROMmed, will they charge me the additional 200 bucks? or do I need to do a factory reset on it before I send it back?

droidbook

Reaction score
I would bring it back to stock and unrooted before I send it in. No point in risking them denying your claim or charging you money because they see that you rooted your phone. Not sure what their policy is on that, though...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it will get looked at. I just can't see them having somebody examining phones. If you can to be on the safe side take the root out, if not send it and don't worry about it.

Now if it were a Verizon warranty, that's another issue all together.

msu

Reaction score
or do as I did and tell them that you dropped it in the lake!!!! Worked like a charm. Except I wasn't telling a fib when I did this. It could also just get stolen. dancedroid

coolkidd

Reaction score
or do as I did and tell them that you dropped it in the lake!!!! Worked like a charm. Except I wasn't telling a fib when I did this. It could also just get stolen. dancedroid

Yup... when I used to have my MotoQ, one of the letter is not working so I called Assurion and told them someone stole it. I paid the $50 deductible and they sent me a new MotoQ....

You are paying for it a month and it is not like you abuse it by doing it multiple times (although I think you are allowed 2 phone replacement a year).

I kept my other MotoQ for parts, just in case.... The worst thing that could happen is they VOID the ESN on the other phone so that you can never use it....:)

streetkid

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it'd matter. If they gave me crap I'd tell them to take a hammer to it and restart my claim