Ask about App 2 SD, Move 2 SD, and A2SD Darktremor

stingmisc

Reaction score
I would like to get some recommendations which of these 3 apps is the best to move apps/games to sd card.

I would like to install games on my D2G and but they are pretty big in term of sizes.

As a result, I prefer to use my internal memory for applications only and use external memory for games.

Anybody can recommend me one? and if you do, do mind explaning how it work?

I am new with android. Less than 10 days with Android. Previous phone is WM 6 so I need to learn a lot.

Thank you in advance for all the replies...

cutiedroid

Reaction score
It's a pretty straightforward process so any one will do the job. If you dwnld something that can be moved to the sdcard the Dev will usually include that info in the read-me part of the ad on Market. If it's not there you probably can't move it.

I use an app called Superbox, one of those 10 in1 type apps. It's App2SD function lists Phone, Sdcard, and Phone Only. If you list and then click on an app in Phone Only you'll go to the Force Close/ Move to Sdcard screen where you'll find that all the apps are grayed-out as far as moving them.

And here's a little FYI, if your app has widgets it is not suppose to be stored on the sdcard because the widget won't work.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
It's a pretty straightforward process so any one will do the job. If you dwnld something that can be moved to the sdcard the Dev will usually include that info in the read-me part of the ad on Market. If it's not there you probably can't move it.

I use an app called Superbox, one of those 10 in1 type apps. It's App2SD function lists Phone, Sdcard, and Phone Only. If you list and then click on an app in Phone Only you'll go to the Force Close/ Move to Sdcard screen where you'll find that all the apps are grayed-out as far as moving them.

And here's a little FYI, if your app has widgets it is not suppose to be stored on the sdcard because the widget won't work.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Can I install App 2 SD and Move 2 SD both or I can just use one of them?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
In general, you must only run one such application.

What cutiedroid stated is not exactly right. When the move is done properly, applications can run off the SD card without any problems, and the widgets will also work.

For Android itself (as a Linux), it doesn't really matter where the application is, physically, so moving an app to the SD card probably relies on creating symbolic links from the built-in memory filesystem to the SD card's. I'm not sure if it works with cards formatted as FAT32, however.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Your reply is fine. I'm just going by my limited experience and no one else was answering him. His use time will be more fruitful from your advice than from mine. :-D