Arg......

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am having on of those crappy mornings, I am still unsure of whats going on here. I woke up with my phones alarm but my screens blackedout and responsive. Confusing, a problem i haven't seen before.... Ive googled this and am coming up dry.

The screens backlight comes on during startup but no images or anything are being displayed. Then when my droid is booted the screen backlight seems to just leave the screen black. I can see it on from looking at the bottom of the screen but their is no image. So backlight yes, image no, and the screen seems to be boringly undamaged from anything. Their was no drop, and i havent done anything with my phone for the last month or so. this really dousn't seem like a software issue anyway as i cant even see the bootloader screen, nor the M logo. Its not the backlight either. Any ideas?

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
try a battery pull?
Yes, thats the first thing i did. Desy, lol, i wouldn't post it without going through the obvious (Not a noob here). Battery pull, and reflashed my phone without the screen and problems still their. Its definetly hardware based. Im trying to remember that part name... im pretty sure a couple people on here fixed their droid. Think it starts with a P?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try a battery pull?
Yes, thats the first thing i did. Desy, lol, i wouldn't post it without going through the obvious (Not a noob here). Battery pull, and reflashed my phone without the screen and problems still their. Its definetly hardware based. Im trying to remember that part name... im pretty sure a couple people on here fixed their droid. Think it starts with a P?

figured you tried it, but i've been frustrated many times and always forget to do the first obvious solution:)

hopefully someone will chime in and get you the name of that part

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have switched over back to my EnV. I was surprised to see i have insurance on my droid so thats the route im going. Hopefully i will be getting a new d1 soon.