Are you that guy/girl at work?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I remember having a palm pilot. It was the size of my Droid1, had a black and white screen, and did nothing but calendar/calc stuff like that. Wow...now I'm feeling old... :D
But yeah, always been that guy. I maintain a network now, and I still have people bringing me there stuff to fix it. I'm about to doctor an HP laptop that the user says "is a paper weight". Nothing beats that satisfaction of taking something that someone thought was dead, and bringing it back to life.
Give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish is a good analogy...
I prefer: Build a man a fire, he's warm for a night; set him on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

Yep, and I had NetHack on mine... spent hours exploring dungeons.

Edit:
Damn it, just downloaded it from the app store hehe.

Prepare to waste the day my friend. Jeez...even thinking back that far is giving me all kinds of nostalgia. Diablo2, how I hated you and loved you. kids these days dont know what they where missing out on.

Oh man, Diablo2. I too miss that old friend and am glad its gone. Now that Diablo 3 is coming...how am I going to clear out my schedule =P Maybe teach my 4 year old daughter how to play, assuming I can turn down the gore some.

wingsabr

Reaction score
Lol, yep I'm that guy. I'm even the guy that the techies come to if they need help.

R

RETG

I just get asked about handguns at work....dancedroid

Handgun laws outside of work....

OP
T

tfkennady

Reaction score
i try not to let on exactly how much i know about a particular topic, but when someone asks me a question i tend to spill the beans

you'd be surprised how many people don't even have an idea of what port forwarding is... lol it's crazy to me that people don't read up on the internet on how to fix there problems

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just get asked about handguns at work....dancedroid

Handgun laws outside of work....

I get that also...

Utah CC here :D (among others)

megawatz

Reaction score
i'm that guy in my entire dorm, and UNCC's dorms are big. lol. Tech geek, repair, virus removal...just about everything from cell phones to desktops, laptops to flip HDs, and even installation.

Now if i could start charging everyone for these services *scratches head

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah thats me too.... i got my first network admin job when i was in the 10th grade in high school so it kind of comes with the territory.

i no longer work in IT but im still that guy...