Are you regretting the Droid

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My droid is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I am never going to get another phone. This is the best device on all levels. It can be oc'ed and the customization is ENDLESS.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Love my Droid. Just got an Incredible added to my aacount to help a buddy out so I'm selling him my Droid to replace his (no insurance). Gonna throw my backup (a Storm) on that line.

The Droid is so well rounded and I got comfortable with it. I'm typing away on the keyboard as I. Love to do for long posts and emails. I know the Incredible will be snappier, but I'm giving up battery life, keyboard, the solid feel of the Droid, a wealth of tailor made accessories (car dock anyone?), and just that feeling of a trust worthy device. I can't wait for the true successor to the true Droid, the Motorola Droid 2.

Reaction score
There will always be regret in purchasing a phone, and then a few weeks or months later, a better phone will come out...that will always happen...unless your a rich person who can afford switching phones over and over again....but thats just my thought, other than that...i LOVE my Original DROID, it's my first Android/Smartphone and i couldn't be happier, because i had nothing like it in the past.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This phone (moto-droid) still amazes me. Between waiting for updates to apps, discovering new apps, awaiting updates to the OS, finding themes and even the community here....the phone has a huge entertainment value while providing good services such as GPS navigation and actually being a phone! Even with how good this phone is it now leads to further excitement waiting to see what phone comes out next. I didn't/won't be getting the Nexus One, Incredible, or Droid 2 but love seeing their specs. I figure my 2 yr renew will be up about when the Droid 3 or 4 comes out. And that should be an awesome phone!

JTDroid

Reaction score
No Regrets!!!

The Moto Droid is my first smartphone and ever since i have not looked at any other phone, even when the incredible came out i gave it a look but was like na, I LOVE MY MOTO DROID, it has made my life a lot better, lol, and like others have said i wouldnt go to another fone until i know its on par with the MOTO DROID or betta, and in my opinion that phones has come out yet. Even running it stock, and in the near future who knows if i root it and be even happier lol

:motdroidvert: beats :iphone: any second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, decade, century, lifetime

doublejack

Reaction score
In electronics, "waiting for the next great thing" becomes a never ending dilemma. Eventually you have to make a leap of faith, because there will always be something "better" on the horizon. If you never jump, then you spend your entire life waiting.

I have no regrets at all about my decision to get a Droid. I feel I'll be using this phone well beyond Verizon's new every 2 cycle. It does everything I need it to do, everything I want it to do, and even things I don't expect it to do.

Noogums

Reaction score
Im just happy to be in the android game :)

its an incredible phone. newer phones will always be coming out but i dont think the droid will ever be far behind them. it does everything i want. as long as it keeps getting software updates, i dont see any reason to regret it. i NEED a physical keyboard. granted, the droid's sucks, but its better than nothing.

hey, you could be stuck with an iphone ^.^

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
just so you know you can upgrade the primary line every 12 months and get the 2 year price.

Thanks for the tip. By the end of my first year the Droid Pro may be out then and I'll look into it.

iPirate

Reaction score
I have watched Android evolve and the Droid was the first real and currently the best Android phone IMO. The phones before feel like beta tests. :p

I have no regrets because I did my research and I don't plan to have regrets in the future when I get my next Motorola phone with Android :D

Reaction score
This phone (moto-droid) still amazes me. Between waiting for updates to apps, discovering new apps, awaiting updates to the OS, finding themes and even the community here....the phone has a huge entertainment value while providing good services such as GPS navigation and actually being a phone! Even with how good this phone is it now leads to further excitement waiting to see what phone comes out next. I didn't/won't be getting the Nexus One, Incredible, or Droid 2 but love seeing their specs. I figure my 2 yr renew will be up about when the Droid 3 or 4 comes out. And that should be an awesome phone!

YES, thats how i feel...after my contract is up...i know there are going to be GREATER phones out then right now...maybe 2Ghz processors or something like that...the future awaits....

souljerr

Reaction score
I still love me some Droid. I'm not concerned about new phones coming out; that's always going to happen. I'm still comparing it to what I had before and there's no comparison.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Regretting the Droid??? No way. Wishing I could upgrade sooner?? Absolutely. I'm lusting after the Shadow/Extreme. Call it screen and 720p envy I guess. I think I would be happy with that one for a while. If I can find a way to wing it I will.

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Absolutely, totally happy - this is my first ever smart phone and I am completely hooked. I was a bit worried that I'd done the right when I bought it, but there's no turning back now.

I also don't care about all the new ones coming out, like someone else said, "you have to make a stand" somewhere. With that said, and like someone else said I probably will follow the progression of the Moto Droids every year or year and half, as long as I can afford it ... you know; Droid, Droid 2, Droid whatever ....

And again as someone else said, and has been often said here; my wife calls my Droid my new girlfriend ... I personally think of it as having taken a second wife .... :):):):):icon_eek::)

(j/k)