Are pay-for apps monthly charges or one-time?

papy72

Reaction score
I've never owned a phone that can run apps, so I was just wondering if the pay-for apps are one-time charges or recurring fees?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well most are 1-time only, there are some that do require a subscription to keep them active.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
there aren't many that i know of but i remember seeing a couple in the millions of search on the interwebs.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Any developer can require a monthly service charge to keep on "logging in" so to speak. If you buy a game that requires multi-player over the net, they can easily require a monthly charge for the app to connet to their server and keep playing. This is like World of Warcraft and other games do. There may be an app that has built in update code that requires a montly fee or some other form or registration to get the updates.. or updated data that the app uses, etc. Plenty of ways to extract money on a monthly/subscription base if need be.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I thought the only ones that were monthly were services provisioned by Verizon?

i know the visual voicemail app from verizon is monthly charged on your account..

The app is free, the service you buy from Verizon.... that is a monthly charge.. but that is also the only one I know of that requires you to buy a service to use it.