Apps worth the money

17redman17

Reaction score
Apps actually worth the money. Not games. What are they...not talking about free

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

TomSr

Reaction score
2 apps that I purchased and use daily are Tasker and Calengoo. Wouldn't want to be without them.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
phonemypc best $10 i've ever spent. saved me countless trips to friends/family houses to provide tech support for their laptops, htpcs and everything else as i can do everything from my phone as long as their pc is connected to the internet. also provides home monitoring as you can use webcams on pcs to look and listen to everything that's going on in the house. good way to monitor baby sitters, installers and other things when you're not at home.

another apps that are worth their cost is widget locker and beautiful widgets. the live wallpaper of beautiful widgets is worth the app price by itself and widget locker lets you have ice cream sandwich unlock on any android phone right now.

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For me its:

SPB Shell 3D - it's a launcher
Documents to Go
PhoneMyPC
Navigon

All of the above were expensive, but I use them daily.

Note: Navigon got a bunch of negative reviews because it did not work with Ginger Bread. A bunch of folks did not understand that it took the Devs a little while to get the bugs worked out after GB was released. So I would recommend in this case to pretty much ignore the negative reviews. This app is great and it used the same database of maps that Garmin uses. And it stores those maps on your sdcard.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me its:

SPB Shell 3D - it's a launcher
Documents to Go
PhoneMyPC
Navigon

All of the above were expensive, but I use them daily.

Note: Navigon got a bunch of negative reviews because it did not work with Ginger Bread. A bunch of folks did not understand that it took the Devs a little while to get the bugs worked out after GB was released. So I would recommend in this case to pretty much ignore the negative reviews. This app is great and it used the same database of maps that Garmin uses. And it stores those maps on your sdcard.

is it the sd card storage that's the main reason you use Navigon over Google Nav? Or is it actually better as well?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
is it the sd card storage that's the main reason you use Navigon over Google Nav? Or is it actually better as well?

Hard for me to answer as I've really not used Google Navigation enough. I used Co-Pilot a lot before I got Navigon. And I did get Navigon for 2 main reasons: 1. It used the same database as Garmin; 2. It stores the maps on the sdcard and thus doesn't rely on data connection.