Apps Opening on their own, invisibly.

boscher50

Reaction score
Just got myself the Advanced Task Killer, I love it so very much-

After messin around on my phone for like 10 minutes, my task killer has like 8 other apps open such as CALANDER, or ALARM CLOCK.

Why are these tasks opening ON THEIR OWN?

I'm not like way into privacy or anything, but what the heck- this does seem rather fishy.

Let me know.

OP
B

boscher50

Reaction score
k well the reason i got it was to save battery life- is it not doing that?

mikes

Reaction score
No. It's using battery to kill off sleeping applications which are not using battery, but which will have to use even more battery to reload when you do want to use them.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. It's using battery to kill off sleeping applications which are not using battery, but which will have to use even more battery to reload when you do want to use them.

^+:)
Yep, and since it runs as a system app (i.e. always 'watching' programs) it will use far more CPU cycles (and thus battery power) than the apps it kills.

d/l Astro File manager (which you'll want/need anyway) it has a very good task manager built in for that rare occurrence when you will need to manually kill an app or want to kill a system process.

ShowTime

Reaction score
And as to your original post of wondering why certain apps were starting on their own... there are some preloaded, basic apps that are tied in to the OS of the phone and will always start at boot, and/or restart if they are killed. Nothing you can do about them really, unless you root which does give you some options. I've just made my peace with them.