Apps from SD won't install

tbone73

Reaction score
I have several apps I got from my old Droid 1 and for whatever reason the apk will not install. I select it from ext-SD and attempt to install but the install button is inactive, only the cancel button is active. I have "unknown sources" checked and "usb debugging" checked and "allow mock locations" check but to no avail. Any suggestions or is this a OS thing?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Try moving them to your PC and formatting the card in. the phone, then move them back and let me know if that helps...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
tbone73

tbone73

Reaction score
Try moving them to your PC and formatting the card in. the phone, then move them back and let me know if that helps...

Dude that is a ton of work. I have a 32gig card and 2gigs empty space. Is there something else?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Better time wasted than data lost or unusable, aye?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have several apps I got from my old Droid 1 and for whatever reason the apk will not install. I select it from ext-SD and attempt to install but the install button is inactive, only the cancel button is active. I have "unknown sources" checked and "usb debugging" checked and "allow mock locations" check but to no avail. Any suggestions or is this a OS thing?
I just tried one using Root Explorer and with the app on my sdcard-ext, I had the install button. What app are you using?

Also, just for grins, try moving the apk from sdcard-ext to sdcard and see if that makes any difference.

OP
tbone73

tbone73

Reaction score
I just tried one using Root Explorer and with the app on my sdcard-ext, I had the install button. What app are you using?

Also, just for grins, try moving the apk from sdcard-ext to sdcard and see if that makes any difference.

Any app, I tried a GB keyboard with a theme. Atorrent that I installed before just fine I can't install now. The 2nd install button is in-active. I tried to move it to SD and still a non-active install button.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any app, I tried a GB keyboard with a theme. Atorrent that I installed before just fine I can't install now. The 2nd install button is in-active. I tried to move it to SD and still a non-active install button.
Sorry, I meant what file viewing app are you using. Maybe you could try a different one. As I said, Root Explorer displays the install button properly when I select the apk file. Just a thought.

OP
tbone73

tbone73

Reaction score

I even went to "storage" and the "disable software from SD" is not checked.

OP
tbone73

tbone73

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant what file viewing app are you using. Maybe you could try a different one. As I said, Root Explorer displays the install button properly when I select the apk file. Just a thought.

I tried Root Explorer and the file manager that comes with the phone. I just removed the sd and re-installed it, and rebooted the phone to see if that works. Stand-by