Apps and Services loading into memory - how to prevent/control?

DanielT

Reaction score
Greetings,
I have a Droid 3 - rooted. I use both ES Task Manager, and Advanced Task Killer to manage apps that TSR.
However, aside from some apps that I wish to have remain in memory, I have noticed that quite a few things seem to be getting loaded into memory without my having launched them!
For example, Maps, Latitude, NPR, My Verizon Mobile... just to name a few. Plenty of others as well.

Now, I've come to terms with the fact that many developers want their apps staying resident so they can collect data. I use Permissions Denied to prevent this abuse when I can.
However, there are some apps which seem to be just loading without my having launched them.
As an example, I noticed the NPR app in memory recently, and I know for certain I had not launched it since previous reboot.

Are there any files I can edit in order to see what is loading either on startup or on some kind of schedule?

Please advise what measures I can try.
Thanks.
D

Natey2

Reaction score
However, aside from some apps that I wish to have remain in memory, I have noticed that quite a few things seem to be getting loaded into memory without my having launched them!
For example, Maps, Latitude, NPR, My Verizon Mobile... just to name a few. Plenty of others as well.

Thanks for concurring! :)
I knew I wasn't alone in this.

See my post about this major annoyance: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1828371

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk