Apple's New Lawsuit: Claims Samsung Galaxy Nexus Copies Slide-to-Unlock Motion

Big Ry

Reaction score
Google's doing the right thing so far by just being the bigger man and ignoring the sour apple

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

soulshot96

Reaction score
I think when someone took that bite out of the apple they took its innovation and left the apple with a deep seated desire to sue anyone that it thinks is a threat.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
apple, apple, apple...how low will you go? are you going to claim that you invented words too and use it to sue all of your competition now? at this point apple is looking more desperate than the 50 year old virgin...is apple truely so stupid as to attempt such a silly and stupid claim? I'd so love the media to pick up on some of these lawsuits, i'm pretty sure apple would see a nice little sales drop (i actually know someone who bought an iphone who hadnt heard of all this nonsense and when i told them they almost went back and returned it, only reason they didnt was because it would've been a hassle...of course if they knew about apple's childish behavior beforehand they would never even have looked at the iphone)

Jimbop

Reaction score
I somehow knew that Apple was going to use their newly stolen patent idea to sue Android manufacturers. I like to keep informed with everything going on in the world of technology, yet I am now to the point that I would just rather ignore it. I see more maturity in the 4 and 7 year old kids me and my gf watch than what Apple is showing by suing everyone on the planet instead of focusing on making a better product.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gwhiz377

Reaction score
What a joke of a company. Their entire OS is built off of stolen ideas. And they know that without their supreme leader at the helm, this battle will go the ways of PC vs Mac after Jobs left, with Android taking the place of PC in the mobile world as the dominant OS. So instead of competing, they just try to slow down the inevitable.

NeXtras

Reaction score
How much you want to bet Apple will eventually start to loose these lawsuits.. I almost guarantee apple will defunct within the next 5 years

socold

Reaction score
My droid 2 slides just like an iPhone. The nexus is something alltogether different. How can Apple even make a claim like this? I mean... if the pulldown notification is cool for Apple to have... why can't the Nexus have a lockscreen? Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Its different for copy right laws with Android because its open source.... meaning android can only partially copyright there stuff but keeping it open enough for all of us to create different roms and use it as we want. Its harsh that apple knows this and is using it to there advantage

alboboy10

Reaction score
Apple did this against Microsoft years ago and they lost. Which is why they became nobodys.

History will repeat itself. The day that android becomes obsolete is the day I pick up a flip phone again.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
WZo1H.gif

SiGfever

Reaction score
Apple did this against Microsoft years ago and they lost. Which is why they became nobodys.

History will repeat itself. The day that android becomes obsolete is the day I pick up a flip phone again.
At $420.00 per share for their stock, NOBODYS? I think Apple and Microsoft should send thank you notes every week to Xerox for letting them into Palo Alto and allowing them to have Xerox's technology. And Xerox should have fired every employee involved in that fiasco.

Apple to me has always been a group of elitists that think they invented everything. Didn't you know that Steve Jobs invented everything in this and past lives so ALL ideas are his? :biggrin:

MSFT = $29.71 per share
AAPL = $420.30 per share

The "Koolaid" is very strong!

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I thought that ICS was primarily face unlock, or uses puzzle-piece solving technique to access phone. How is that in any way copyright infringement towards Apple??? That is no where remotely close to the same concept, different U.I., different programming appearance, and uses capacitive feedback to manipulate the screen? What's next, Apple going against Android for Voice-Activated Google Search, claiming it infringes on Siri? Seriously?

alboboy10

Reaction score
At $420.00 per share for their stock, NOBODYS? I think Apple and Microsoft should send thank you notes every week to Xerox for letting them into Palo Alto and allowing them to have Xerox's technology. And Xerox should have fired every employee involved in that fiasco.

Apple to me has always been a group of elitists that think they invented everything. Didn't you know that Steve Jobs invented everything in this and past lives so ALL ideas are his? :biggrin:

MSFT = $29.71 per share
AAPL = $420.30 per share

The "Koolaid" is very strong!

During the 1980s or 90s or so I heard that apple was gaining popularity. When they did they went to court with Microsoft and then they died out because Microsoft destroyed them in court. I don't know what will happen in the future but I'm willing to bet that apple will eventually die down.