App2SD Paradox

bryanc1

Reaction score
When I had my 1st gen Droid. I really looked forward to being able to install apps to SD, because of the lack of internal storage. Well, I upgraded around the time that 2.2 dropped and now have a DroidX. It has plenty of internal storage and now it seems apps to SD is installed already in the new firmware and I don't need it.

I've been searching all over and have found some people saying it can be removed by doing an ADB shell remove...

[Rom] KaguDroid 1.1.4 (29-01-2010) - HTCPedia.com forums

How do I enable app2sd ?
Code:
adb remount
adb shell apps2sd on
adb reboot
How do I disable app2sd ?
Code:
adb remount
adb shell apps2sd off
adb reboot
and others saying that it can't...

How do I turn off app2sd notifications? - Android Forums

Even just turning off the notifications would be nice, but I haven't been able to find anything anywhere that says how to do this.

I'm floored at how when something is needed they add it (thankfully) but then do something counterintuitive like making the need for app2sd unnecessary by increasing the internal memory. If anyone knows of a way to do to this, I would be eternally grateful.

I'm currently running a rooted Droid X with the LauncherPro Plus home launcher. If there is a need for further specs, let me know and I'll gladly post them on here. Thank you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I've got what you're saying. The ability to move apps to the SD card came with Froyo 2.2. If you have apps on your SD card and you don't want there is there any reason you just can't go to the app I'n your settings and press the move to phone button?

OP
B

bryanc1

Reaction score
Ok, I think I've got what you're saying. The ability to move apps to the SD card came with Froyo 2.2. If you have apps on your SD card and you don't want there is there any reason you just can't go to the app I'n your settings and press the move to phone button?

Sorry it was really late last night when I wrote this and I probably didn't make my point.

What I was wondering was is there a way to turn off the notification to move to SD, when there is no longer a NEED to move to SD because of the larger amount of internal storage that it no longer is necessary to worry about having to many apps installed internally. I can't stand having to update my apps and then clicking 4 times just to tell it to yes update and no don't move (which it asks me twice for each).