App uninstalled, but still in app tray

62nVON

Reaction score
I uninstalled an app I did not want or need, but it still shows in the app tray. If I go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, it's not there to uninstall.

How can I get this app out of the tray?

Thanks!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try a reboot. It happens to me once in a while. It usually works itself out of the system eventually. Are you on a custom rom?

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

OP
62nVON

62nVON

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I actually have rebooted. I don't know what a custom rom is, so I'm guessing I'm not on one. =)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Noooo prob dude. I would just wait it out. Like I said, in least in my experience, it eventually was removed.

OP
62nVON

62nVON

Reaction score
I feel really stupid now. I think that is one of the pre-installed apps. I thought I had installed it when I was looking for storm alerts after the tornadoes in AL.

Thanks for trying to help a dude (although I'm actually a chick) out, though.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I feel really stupid now. I think that is one of the pre-installed apps. I thought I had installed it when I was looking for storm alerts after the tornadoes in AL.

Hey Chick :p .......If you let us know which app are you trying to get rid of, we can help better!! Also, if it is a preinstalled one (bloatware) then there is no way you can delete it unless you root the device. If you want to see it you can see it in settings> applications> all applications....

OP
62nVON

62nVON

Reaction score
It is the Emergency Alerts. I didn't see it in Manage Apps, because I was only looking at my downloaded apps. I realize now that short of rooting, I'll just be stuck with it.

I'm very new to the smartphone world, so it's taking some trial and error to get things situated. I change around the home screens almost daily. I'll get the hang of it soon.

I know this is off-topic, but since I seem to have a captive audience, has anyone else had problems with Droid 2 Global screen freezing? I can unfreeze by putting it to sleep and back, but some days it's extremely frequent and annoying, along with the left sliver of the screen being unresponsive. That's apparent when I try to move an icon from one home page to the left.

Thanks again for the replies. :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

So you are! My bad I don't tend to look at the pics on my little phone screen. Sorry!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on a d2 but i also have freezes sometimes. I just deal with it. Our phones are little computers so sometimes the processing gets glitched. Unless it happens a lot and is really inconvenient, i would just try to live with it. I think it's normal for a freeze up now and then

OP
62nVON

62nVON

Reaction score
Yep, most of the time, I can just deal. But some days... like today... it seems to happen relentlessly. I'm loving everything else about it, so it's all good!

Oh, and I put the avatar up *after* you called me a dude. =)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought so! God I could have sworn it looked different. At least now I know I'm not insane. Well, not as insane :) if it really bothers you, try a hard reset. Can't promise it will work but..

sid_wisc

Reaction score
It is the Emergency Alerts. I didn't see it in Manage Apps, because I was only looking at my downloaded apps. I realize now that short of rooting, I'll just be stuck with it.

I'm very new to the smartphone world, so it's taking some trial and error to get things situated. I change around the home screens almost daily. I'll get the hang of it soon.

I know this is off-topic, but since I seem to have a captive audience, has anyone else had problems with Droid 2 Global screen freezing? I can unfreeze by putting it to sleep and back, but some days it's extremely frequent and annoying, along with the left sliver of the screen being unresponsive. That's apparent when I try to move an icon from one home page to the left.

Since you now have the avatar up people are not gonna call you dude!!! BTW the problem of screen freeze is global... Welcome to smartphone world and especially to Motorola... Get used to the bloatware and the freeze and random reboot... Rooting and installing a custom ROM is the only way out but by that you void your warranty (which by the way is not an issue since you can SBF back to "out of the box" condition)....

cutiedroid

Reaction score
When my screen freezes, if that's what it does, I just shake it. In fact I shake for any frozen screen. Isn't that what we're supposed to do?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kickyindahead

Reaction score

Since you now have the avatar up people are not gonna call you dude!!! BTW the problem of screen freeze is global... Welcome to smartphone world and especially to Motorola... Get used to the bloatware and the freeze and random reboot... Rooting and installing a custom ROM is the only way out but by that you void your warranty (which by the way is not an issue since you can SBF back to "out of the box" condition)....

just cuz ... hey dude! :icon_eek: LOL... sorry .. had to! what Sid says is correct .. rooting and custom rom is really the only way to get away from random freezes .. although its not a sure fire way to do it .. sometimes . it just happens .. any help you need .. theres plenty of good people around here always willing to help!

rudydroid

Reaction score
odd. my phone rarely froze when on froyo (though it only was froyo for 3 months before i rooted it).
now rooted, rommed, themed it's also rare.
oddest thing was, after power down, it turned itself on. woke me up with *droid*