App to Text From Computer (From phone)?

dude45342

Reaction score
Does anybody know of an app to where you can plug in your phone to your computer, and then type up texts and send them from your phone on the computer it's hooked up to? (Sorry if that's confusing at all.)

I find myself to hate texting because I'm too dang lazy to type so slowly on such a small screen. Obviously, ticks off the girlfriend. I just think it'd be a great thing if you could have like a window pop up on your computer with a text that came to your phone and then reply to it via that window as well.

Possible? Already done?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Chrome to phone allows copying your text to clipboard and send to phone. Paste in mms :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sal R.

Reaction score
Google Voice can be accessed on phone and computer.

There used to be a program called phone control (PhoCo, I think) that used BT protocols to get notifications on calls & sms (which included popups) thru your PC once paired w/ your phone.

But the program is dead iirc and getting a license was tough.

Droids

Reaction score
I've been using RemoteSMS and it works very well. I'll have to check out Remote Web Desktop. Thanks for the tip.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Voice can be accessed on phone and computer.
...and you don't even need your phone to send/receive SMS on any internet connected computer. Came in handy a couple of times when I forgot my phone (GV site is also useful for placing calls via your GV number and checking voicemail).

The GV extension for Chrome is also very useful IMO if you're a GV user.