App to change the navigation voice?

treo700w

Reaction score
you get voice? i've been using maps and car home and still haven't heard a peep from the apps.

how do you enable the voice?

zakany

Reaction score
Stewie FTW!!!!!!!!

I have Stewie & Cartman on my Nuvi. My son laughs his butt off at Stewie. His favorite part is when we arrive and Stewie says, "Victory is mine!"

The stock voices definitely need upgraded, though. Too mechanical.

MarkRMichaels

Reaction score
you get voice? i've been using maps and car home and still haven't heard a peep from the apps.

Make sure you press 'navigate' instead of 'get directions' when you enter your destination and also check to see if you have the voice sound muted, if it says press the menu button in maps if the lower left option says unmute, press it. Lastly, the navigation volume is different from the media volume and phone volume, make sure it is up.

treo700w

Reaction score

Make sure you press 'navigate' instead of 'get directions' when you enter your destination and also check to see if you have the voice sound muted, if it says press the menu button in maps if the lower left option says unmute, press it. Lastly, the navigation volume is different from the media volume and phone volume, make sure it is up.

thanks mark. for some reason, a lot of the apps on my 1st droid just didn't work, such as the navigation voice. after using apps for more than 1 time, it would then work properly?! so, eventually the voice worked for me. i guess it needed priming.

my 2nd droid is working better but i still get intermittent fc and lockups without any pattern.

Silver Member
Reaction score
don't the dedicated GPS units use voice samples and then put words together based on a database of entries?

google's nav is a text-to-speech synthesis. it's much harder to fake someone's voice using that method.

MytiS

Reaction score
I just registered to say I'll give 10000000000 internets to anyone who can get the Glados navigation voice on droid.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Christopher Walken

I think... you... want to... turn left at .... hwy 30...... or I'll stick a knife in....your throat

lark214

Reaction score
Go to an app called svox they have many different voices that you can test out for two weeks. After that you have to buy it if you like it. When you choose a voice go into settings where it says voice and language I think and change it from pico to svox. That should work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums