App Market

Hypnotic

Reaction score
So yeah I'm not here to bash on the android market, but I think it could do much better. I'm going to hate to say this, but Itunes way of letting you search apps is set up really nicely. If we could have a program that would allow us to search apps like that I'm sure it would raise the useful apps we could find and just make downloading them easier. The main reason for thinking this way is because usually the only way I hear of really good apps is usually through this forum and then I go to the market and see if their in the top downloads and such and when I don't find them I keep thinking "How are these people finding them?". Also I feel like I'm one of these people who is letting his Droid go to waste by just using it as a phone and surfing the web when I'm bored.

So any thoughts?

OP
Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I've never used the iPhone or iPod Touch App Store, so I don't know what features you are missing, but if it is a pain to search for apps on your phone, check out the link below, it is a library of android apps that you can use to find good ones for your phone.

AndroLib, Find all applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, HTC Dream, HTC Magic etc...

I'll have to look at it when I get home atm my school is blocking the site.

Really the only feature I'm missing is the ability to be able to look at the apps and stuff and have reccomendations. Android app market has had the same featured for quite some time.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So yeah I'm not here to bash on the android market, but I think it could do much better. I'm going to hate to say this, but Itunes way of letting you search apps is set up really nicely. If we could have a program that would allow us to search apps like that I'm sure it would raise the useful apps we could find and just make downloading them easier. The main reason for thinking this way is because usually the only way I hear of really good apps is usually through this forum and then I go to the market and see if their in the top downloads and such and when I don't find them I keep thinking "How are these people finding them?". Also I feel like I'm one of these people who is letting his Droid go to waste by just using it as a phone and surfing the web when I'm bored.

So any thoughts?

iTunes let's you search for apps? How is this possible? Did you mean iPhone?

If you meant iPhone, well, the Droid is not an iPhone. I find the market place extremely easy to search with and find apps. Many of the apps I installed were before I found this forum and then I saw they were recommended so I'm not quite sure what difficulties you're having. However I suppose you've seen something you feel is better. Since I haven't seen it I simply wouldn't know. And ignorance is bliss.:)

OP
Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Reaction score

So any thoughts?

iTunes let's you search for apps? How is this possible? Did you mean iPhone?

If you meant iPhone, well, the Droid is not an iPhone. I find the market place extremely easy to search with and find apps. Many of the apps I installed were before I found this forum and then I saw they were recommended so I'm not quite sure what difficulties you're having. However I suppose you've seen something you feel is better. Since I haven't seen it I simply wouldn't know. And ignorance is bliss.:)

No itunes does let you search apps and other stuff along with having the top downloaded and stuff. They have also added the feature of finding apps that coincide with your interest.

Another reason I could be having trouble with the android market is that half my searches are returning with nothing <<