App for Grocery shopping??

spendless

Reaction score
I'm new to the Droid so this may have been asked already, or simply found (but right now nothing is simply found, lol). I do LOVE my new phone!! I have installed the keyring app and barcode scanner and savvy shopper. But I was wondering if there was an app for grocery shopping price comparison?? I think the barcode scanner and savvy shopper mainly pull up bigger ticket items and barcode scanner seems to mostly show internet shopping. But I get really irritated when I buy a $10 dinner to see it was BOGO at a different store. I know it's not big ticket items, but that's just how I shop. I'm huge on coupons and getting great prices for my groceries (the more I save on groceries, the more "other" shopping I can do ;) lol).

lmdodds

Reaction score
the wife and I use "ourgroceries" .. great little app, syncs lists between both of our phones.

Bill Cauley

Reaction score
I use "Grocery King" (found in the Marketplace), and consider it the best app on my phone.

phaze3131

Reaction score
lol. not for $4.99.... you can keep that app. lol...

lol the best is these clowns that pay $120 bucks per line per month and complain about an app which saves them many hours of time per year, being "4.99" lol it cracks me up

Bill Cauley

Reaction score
lol. not for $4.99.... you can keep that app. lol...

lol the best is these clowns that pay $120 bucks per line per month and complain about an app which saves them many hours of time per year, being "4.99" lol it cracks me up

Cracks me up too! It's been my experience thus far, that "paid for" apps work best, and I can't say enough about how well Grocery King has performed. Five bucks is nothing!!!

donelam304

Reaction score
not when the free apps are just as good. i looked at 7 different ones. and found that 2 of the free ones i liked better. and yes. i have paid for more than my share of paid apps. some pretty pricy ones too. even donated to some individuals on here that are making the custom roms.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
the wife and I use "ourgroceries" .. great little app, syncs lists between both of our phones.
I really like and use this app but I don't think it meets the OP's needs unless I missed where it compares prices at other stores for you.

andrewdrobinson

Reaction score
My mom has an Android phone and loves her Grocery King program; however, I have an Iphone and this program is not available in their App store. So in case anyone needs a program for an iphone that compares grocery prices, I recommend Grocery Pal. It's free and easy to use. Note: I usually go to Walmart, open this app to get sales at competing stores (Kroger, Albertsons, etc..) , then have the cashier price match. No hassel having to save ads.

Natey2

Reaction score
Upvise.
I started using it during my Windows Mobile days, and I use the Android version now.
Multiple people in the household can use it from different devices to update the list(s), so the shopper knows what the entire family needs.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

P

PowerTools

I use OurGroceries. Can interact from multiple phones and from website.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums