app for detecting what uses my data realtime?

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I'm having issues with hotspot because something keeps using my data on my phone while I'm using hotspot and its tearing my signal all to pieces. I need an app to watch my data stream real time so I can see the issues. I've disabled all the apps I possibly can that it will allow me to minus task killer and still I get clogged up on data. Pressing the insta kill widget button solves it for a kin but it quickly returns. Its a pain in my rear so can someone please help point me in the right direction?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Hey buzz, try android systems in the play store. Under task you can watch the CPU usage as it occurs.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

finndo77

Reaction score
Onavo count | monitor data

I have used it extensively and it works best after having been installed for 6-8 weeks. but it reports immediately on every app in your phone. uses other people's experiences to let you know as soon as an app is installed (updates count as installs, since android uninstalls the old version before installing a new one) if it is a known data hog.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Onavo count | monitor data

I have used it extensively and it works best after having been installed for 6-8 weeks. but it reports immediately on every app in your phone. uses other people's experiences to let you know as soon as an app is installed (updates count as installs, since android uninstalls the old version before installing a new one) if it is a known data hog.

Awesome. Just what I was looking for.

finndo77

Reaction score
I think the best feature of the app is:
Data hog blocking: Restrict specific apps to Wi-Fi, or block your 3G data altogether once you exceed your data cap to avoid any additional costs
(taken from the google play store page for the app)

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I think the best feature of the app is:
Data hog blocking: Restrict specific apps to Wi-Fi, or block your 3G data altogether once you exceed your data cap to avoid any additional costs
(taken from the google play store page for the app)

Unlimited data plan here. Had Verizon about 13 years now.