App for Call/Text Blocking ??

js_402

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, v 2.2.1 from Verizon. Lately, I seem to be getting more junk text messages and junk phone calls. Is there an app or a way to block these permanently via an app or something?

Not really anxious to pay Verizon $4.99 a month to block these numbers. In this world of technology, you'd think someone would be able to come up with an alternative to having to pay to block phone calls or text messages.

I've looked at the App Market on the phone and don't really seem to find anything that has positive reviews.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks! dancedroid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
our phones have a blacklist feature found in the settings that you can direct the phone number straight to voicemail. I would imagine it's found in the Call settings.

I am not aware of any apps that block numbers though

PaulQ

Reaction score
Handcent SMS will blacklist text numbers but if they are coming from a different number every time, it could prove difficult.

Mev0

Reaction score
Mister Number Call Block is great - it blocks both text and calls. It has the options of 1.) sending straight to voicemail or 2.) picking up and then hanging up.

Iowa

Reaction score
I seem to be getting a lot of texts lately too since getting my Droid.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
As always with threads like this, keep in mind that blocking via an app on your device doesn't mean that you didn't receive the message/call for billing purposes. If you want to avoid having messages/minutes from your package used or if you don't want to be billed for these then device-level blocking isn't a suitable option. Nothing on your device can block a message/call without receiving it first.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I have a Motorola Droid, v 2.2.1 from Verizon. Lately, I seem to be getting more junk text messages and junk phone calls. Is there an app or a way to block these permanently via an app or something?

Not really anxious to pay Verizon $4.99 a month to block these numbers. In this world of technology, you'd think someone would be able to come up with an alternative to having to pay to block phone calls or text messages.

I've looked at the App Market on the phone and don't really seem to find anything that has positive reviews.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks! dancedroid

Extreme Call Blocker is an excellent program, available from the Market. It's not free - costs a couple of bucks - but it works really well, store it's information on the SD card, and will also work for text messages.

-Mike

harrellj

Reaction score
Verizon will let you block up to 5 numbers for free, its more than that that will cost.

harrellj

Reaction score
Verizon will let you block up to 5 numbers for free, its more than that that will cost.

You get what you pay for. If it's important to the original person who asked, why quibble over a couple of dollars?

-Mike

Considering the OP did complain about paying VZW to block numbers, I was trying to clarify that its free to block up to 5 people through VZW.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?