APP DEV - Need help renaming 2 apps I created

crypto

Reaction score
Probably a simple solution for this, however I'm new to making applications and this is frustrating me.
I made a couple of simple apps to view a couple of websites for a work project (we are giving away a couple of tablets for a promotion and want our websites pre-installed in app format).
I just used app inventor to make them as they are really simple. However app inventor won't let me save the apps with spaces or other characters in the name.

The 2 apps just need to be renamed to show as their names when installed "Haystack Info" and "Moore & Scarry". As you can see my current naming is kinda lame and my boss wants it changed.

here are the apks:
MooreandScarry.apk
Haystack_Info.apk

I already tried using marketizer but that kept giving me errors, same with "app to market".
Any help is much appreciated :cool:

marcjc

Reaction score
The apk names are arbitrary.... Your app name when installed comes fom the tile you give your app in the manifest.

Probably a simple solution for this, however I'm new to making applications and this is frustrating me.
I made a couple of simple apps to view a couple of websites for a work project (we are giving away a couple of tablets for a promotion and want our websites pre-installed in app format).
I just used app inventor to make them as they are really simple. However app inventor won't let me save the apps with spaces or other characters in the name.

The 2 apps just need to be renamed to show as their names when installed "Haystack Info" and "Moore & Scarry". As you can see my current naming is kinda lame and my boss wants it changed.

here are the apks:
MooreandScarry.apk
Haystack_Info.apk

I already tried using marketizer but that kept giving me errors, same with "app to market".
Any help is much appreciated :cool:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea its set in the manifest

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz