Apex???

cdm369

Reaction score
Pretty much decided on the apex rom for now. Already rooted thanks to help from some peeps in here. I am running 2.2 froyo and wonder what I need to do to install and if its possible to do it without a pc. Any links or ideas or opinions of this rom would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to install the GB monster zip for D2. Then install Apex. You posted in the D2G forum though, which Apex isn't out for the Global.

random rom'd X

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
Totally new to this....what is the GB monster zip....rooting was simple this seems to be more dificult

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use Droid 2 bootstrap to install:
http://db.tt/6g2cohX

Here is the GB files:
http://androidcommunity.com/motorola-droid-2-gets-leaked-official-2-3-3-gingerbread-new-20110327/

Download the files and put them on your SD Card. Then go into D2 bootstrap and hit bootstrap recovery. It will say success! Then hit reboot recovery.

Wipe data and cache, then go to advanced and wipe the dalvik cache. Then go to install zip from SD Card. Then select choose zip from SD Card. Find the GB files you downloaded, then install. Then reboot and you are on GB.

Since you want Apex, download that and install it the same way you did GB.

random rom'd X

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
Any good ones besides apex....don't really know what's good....been trying to figure out what I like on the list

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any good ones besides apex....don't really know what's good....been trying to figure out what I like on the list

Liberty, ZombieStomped, Apex or my personal favorite, Cyanogenmod 7 on the GB kernel

random rom'd X

tattedupboy

Reaction score
My vote is for CyanogenMod 7. Super fast and much more customizeable than either Apex, Liberty, or ZombieStomped (all of which I've used, by the way).

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
If I am running 2.2 will have to go to 2.3 before I go to another rom

tattedupboy

Reaction score
If I am running 2.2 will have to go to 2.3 before I go to another rom

Depends on which other ROM you want to flash. You can stay on 2.2 if you want to flash the CyanogenMod 7 official nightly builds.