AOL Mail Sync Issues

Brianmac25

Reaction score
I know you are thinking what?? AOL?? I know I have had it for the longest time and am hesitating whether or not to switch to GMAIL. Either way, I have aol on my droid 2 and have sync issues. When I read an email on my phone it will not sync and show read in AOL mail itself. I log into webmail online and it shows unread. Any emails I send from my phone are not in the sent folder. However, if I delete an email it deletes from my webmail inbox and shows in the trash folder. Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Does the same thing happen with other email providers?

VizioTablet

Reaction score
Having a similar issue on a Vizio Tablet VTAB1008 but only with my AOL account (Gmail and Yahoo sync without issue). Some email doesn't show up in the inbox on the android tablet, however, when I log into AOL in my PC's web browser, my inbox looks and works as expected. Another odd symptom - some messages show up with a date of 1969. I assure you, I wasn't born yet :)

I loathe AOL .. not sure why I still using it. I just need to email all my contacts and tell them they have 7 days to switch to my Gmail account which is superior in every category to AOhell.

In the meantime, I'd still like to know what's causing this issue. I noticed a significant quantity of posts on this subject across various forums .. so I know I'm not alone "android AOL mail sync issues".

AOL sucks. Period.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My mom still has an AOL email address that she has had for 10 years. It truly sucks, especially for phones

X

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Just to clarify. With the stock mail app, it downloads the emails to the phone. If you read the emails in the stock mail app, then nothing will change with your online email. The emails are downloaded to the stock email app... Nothing should be changed to your online mailbox...
Are you sure that emails are getting deleted from your online mail from your email app? That is really strange.

lundgren

Reaction score
If aol supports imap, use that instead of pop. it is a newer, although old now mail handling protocol. You pick it when you set the account up.

lundgren

Reaction score
When you set the account up on your phone that is, not the account with aol.