AOKP Build 38 Unofficially Released for the Droid X!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

DroidXers! With all the hype surrounding the Galaxy S3, Incredible 4G LTE, and Droid Razr HD many of you are wondering if you will even get rid of Old Faithful. With plenty of development on this device, unless yours is broke you could easily carry this thing for the foreseeable future. Roms like MIUIv4, CM9, Gummy, and AOKP are really keeping this device fresh well beyond its time! X13thAngelX released his Build 38 update of his AOKP port this afternoon. You can't really ask for much more than ICS on a two year old device. However there are some downsides to the current development for this device. Some features in ICS just don't work. In X13thAngelX's latest build of AOKP the list of NOt working stuff is small though. Camera does work, but camcorder and panorama do not. Youtube works but not Netflix due to lack of Hardware acceleration. Google Chrome is still not working as well as mms (you can use GO sms).

This build does include all AOKP B38 updates. Theme engine is included, as well as the lengthly list of customization tweaks and mods found in the Rom Control. You could potentially mod your phone for hours!

Grab this Rom here

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
NICE! My DX will be going bye bye when the S3 comes out only because my screen is damaged and its in rough shape all around. But my 6 year old will be getting it for Angry Birds and what not so she will have AOKP on it still.

quaffapint

Reaction score
I have yet to find anything I need to do on my phone that my DX can't handle - With these great ROMs, I'll be keeping this puppy till she croaks.

BMWBig6

Reaction score
I have 2 DX's and am in the market for replacements soon. Is there a spiritual successor to the DX (if I like the current form factor), even if from someone other than Moto?