Anyway to get gingerbread screen off animation in this rom?

tu3218

Reaction score
[video=youtube;aLuuqqT7m10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLuuqqT7m10[/video]

I think this a real nice touch and would love to have it in future builds of this rom. UD 3.0 has it in it, so I figured there's gotta be some way to make it happen.

bstealthy

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing myself. I love the CRT screen off animation

illmatic636

Reaction score
I would guess no considering everyone wants it yet it's only found in gingerbread roms.

Reaction score
Well, then why doesn't someone load up a gingerbread rom and confirm the one you loaded up has this effect , then go in the framework/anim/folder an pull out the xml files an swap them with the ones in the Miui rom??...... should work
or just crack open UD 3.0

illmatic636

Reaction score
Doing it now, will let you all know in a couple.

Backing up...........................
Flashing now.........................
Booting up............................

Sorry to report, no screen on/off animation after swapping out the xml anim files from a Gingerbread Rom to CM nightly 226.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Doing it now, will let you all know in a couple.

Backing up...........................
Flashing now.........................
Booting up............................

Sorry to report, no screen on/off animation after swapping out the xml anim files from a Gingerbread Rom to CM nightly 226.

Did you load up the GB rom first and make sure it actually did the transition?
And do you know that you got the correct xml files? There are about 30 of 'um in the anim folder usually! All control a certain transition

illmatic636

Reaction score
Well all I did was use 7zip to open UD 3.0 beta and CMNIGHTLY 226. Went into the Framework and swapped the entire folder containing the xml files. Repackaged flashed the nightly. Cyanogenmod boot up fine, but froyo only commands the standard animations. The on/off seem to be controlled by Gingerbread UI in general

Reaction score
Well all I did was use 7zip to open UD 3.0 beta and CMNIGHTLY 226. Went into the Framework and swapped the entire folder containing the xml files. Repackaged flashed the nightly. Cyanogenmod boot up fine, but froyo only commands the standard animations. The on/off seem to be controlled by Gingerbread UI in general
That may be the case i for one dont have the knowledge on that subject but after reading the forums over at UD alot of people were having problems with those animations not working so maybe we have to wait till they get properly ported

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
you guys are awesome for trying to figure this out...hopefully it can be determined on how to get it to work!

TeeJayTM

Reaction score
Im running latest bugless and I don't have that animation. If someone could figure it out that would be awesome. I really want it too

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MikeMasso

Reaction score
Im running latest bugless and I don't have that animation. If someone could figure it out that would be awesome. I really want it too

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm running Bugless 0.6.2.1 and I don't have it.. my friend has r2doesInc's gingerbread rom and it's basically android 2.3 but it's on an Incredible and I have a droid1 so I'm not sure if they're compatible or not.