Anyone using droid with your exchange server

smallprint

Reaction score
Are you able to "Enforce Password on Device" from the server?

For non-exchange people...when add company email to your phone, are you forced to create a unlock password?

I am not able to get the security policy to be forced to the phone. If the security policy can not be pushed, remote wipe from Exchange is not possible.

Last edited:

Stigy

Reaction score
Not sure how long you can wait, but I will find out tomorrow.

I am one of the Server Administrators at my job so I will find out all the details tomorrow when I set it up with my server.

OP
S

smallprint

Reaction score
It works perfect when I add the usersname to the "exceptions" list in ESM.

Please let me know if you are successful. Without this security policy forced to the device, we cant remote wipe it.

OP
S

smallprint

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon. They have no idea if the phone can accept the security policy from Exchange.

Without pushing the security policy to the phone from exchange, remote wipe is not able to happen.

verakot

Reaction score
In other words, current Android platform does not support Microsoft Exchange Server security policy and thus can't be used for corporate networks that enforce such policy.

Any ideas on when this is going to be supported?

JayMonster

Reaction score
The native Exchange application on the Droid does not (as you have figured out) support remote wipe, force pin, etc. However Exchange by TouchDown (available in the Marketplace... not a free app) does support these features.

Exchange by TouchDown
chart

verakot

Reaction score
The native Exchange application on the Droid does not (as you have figured out) support remote wipe, force pin, etc. However Exchange by TouchDown (available in the Marketplace... not a free app) does support these features.

Exchange by TouchDown
chart

It's $30 without a trial, not sure if this one really works.

xtreme

Reaction score
Touchdown

Touchdown had worked great for me i tryed the free trial and then after i paid the $20 for the app, well worth the $20

Firegrl

Reaction score
I just forward my exchange email to my gmail account. I don't have anything massively sensitive sent to my work email though and I don't use my gmail for anything else. You can go into your gmail settings and add your work email address to the "send mail as" so it looks like you are sending email right from work. Works perfectly! I run the exchange server at work, so I was able to set it up so it would forward to an outside email address...

JayMonster

Reaction score

Exchange by TouchDown
chart

It's $30 without a trial, not sure if this one really works.

Look under free apps, there is a trial version

verakot

Reaction score
I just forward my exchange email to my gmail account. I don't have anything massively sensitive sent to my work email though and I don't use my gmail for anything else. You can go into your gmail settings and add your work email address to the "send mail as" so it looks like you are sending email right from work. Works perfectly! I run the exchange server at work, so I was able to set it up so it would forward to an outside email address...

That's what I do as well, however your cannot sync a calendar. Or is there a way to sync it with Google Calendar?

JayMonster

Reaction score

That's what I do as well, however your cannot sync a calendar. Or is there a way to sync it with Google Calendar?

There is a desktop application that will let you sync you Exchange and Google Calendars (for PC, I don't know about Mac)

verakot

Reaction score
I just tried Touchdown demo, and really impressed with it. Quick setup was easy, and it syncs with Outlook. The only complaint I have it that it asks for a PIN every time I open it.

How to I sync Google calendars using this program?

JayMonster

Reaction score
I just tried Touchdown demo, and really impressed with it. Quick setup was easy, and it syncs with Outlook. The only complaint I have it that it asks for a PIN every time I open it.

How to I sync Google calendars using this program?

You may wish to check out their Google Group and see if there is a fix for the PIN problem (or suggest it)

Discussions - NitroDesk TouchDown | Google Groups

As for Calendar, Touchdown has its own calendar and it syncs your Exchange calendar to that. If you really want them in Google Calendar, there IS a way to Sync Gmail to Calendar through an app (Called suprisingly enough Google Calendar Sync, which will sync the two).