Anyone else having trouble with Gingerbread?

Reaction score
I flashed Gingerbread and I will say, it is VERY fast. The problem I've been having is that sometimes when I try to open applications or menus it will just freeze.
Also, sometime when I lock the phone I can't get anything to come up when I unlock it, I only get the lights to light up but the screen stays black until I pull the battery. Anyone else having similar issues?

I'm going back to 2.2 for now but I can't wait until they release a stable version.

Snow02

Reaction score
If a reboot doesn't fix it, it's your sd card most likely. Try swapping it or running without it to see if that fixes it.

It's definitely not the rom.

If none of the above works, do a factory reset from stock recovery. That will.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I flashed Gingerbread and I will say, it is VERY fast. The problem I've been having is that sometimes when I try to open applications or menus it will just freeze.
Also, sometime when I lock the phone I can't get anything to come up when I unlock it, I only get the lights to light up but the screen stays black until I pull the battery. Anyone else having similar issues?

I'm going back to 2.2 for now but I can't wait until they release a stable version.

If you didn't do a wipe before you installed then that is what you need to do now.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
I did do a wipe but you really think it could be my SD card?
I've used it in my Droid, Incredible and now the Droid X and I've never ran into any problems. I ran Gingerbread on the other two phones as well.

Snow02

Reaction score
One way to find out. Pull it. And yes, I've personally had an sd card cause exactly those symptoms.

Snow02

Reaction score
And a factory reset isn't going to hurt anything. Even if you wiped beforehand, it could fix you up.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never heard that advice before. I don't know how valid that is.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
One way to find out. Pull it. And yes, I've personally had an sd card cause exactly those symptoms.

Did you solve it by pulling off all your data and formatting the card? Then putting what you need back on? Or did you replace the card?

Snow02

Reaction score
I replaced it. Look, just go into settings - sd card and storage - unmount. If that fixes it, awesome. If not, on to factory reset.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
I replaced it. Look, just go into settings - sd card and storage - unmount. If that fixes it, awesome. If not, on to factory reset.

I took it out and I'm back at stock 2.2 right now. There's a black background and it's pretty slow. Not a lot is happening/.

Snow02

Reaction score
You're already back on 2.2? How did you roll it back?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I had this issue last night/way early this morning...and it wasnt the SD card. I did not do any data or cache wiping prior to installing the Pre-rooted GB...I figured I could try something a little different....

I was on Liberty v1.5...backed up that system, then jumped back into CWM and flashed a basically "stock" back-up image I had from Dec 2010...2.3.340 and then flashed the GB zip...and of course I had some "issues".

The issues are exactly what you described...yet I continued on setting the phone back up to where I wanted it. And after about 3 hours of these issues, I went back in and did a Factory Reset, as well as a Data/Cache wipe, and everything has been pretty sweet since then...not counting the additional 3 hours to get my phone half-way back to where I want it...:)