Anybody try a 64gb micro sdxc with the DX?

whatllitbenext

Reaction score
To the Community:

Has anybody tried a 64gb micro sdxc with the DX and/or does it work? I know some devices are seeing the sdxc card after it's reformatted in the device and all seems hunky-dory even though it's an sdxc and not an sdhc...

Thanks!

PS - I'm already using - quite successfully - a 32gb class 4. This post is about the 64gb sdxc card. Anybody have one in their DX yet? It's spendy, I know...

Last edited:

ablank

Reaction score
I tried a 32 gb on my og DC last year and it didn't like it at all. I've talked to multiple people that have said this about 32, but I've never heard of a 64 gb card before haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

J

JriderG

Its supposed to only support 32gb, but let me know what you find

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

r1nstang

Reaction score
mine runs a Sandisk 32GB class 4 perfectly. picked it up as a daily deal for like $30 a few weeks ago...seen the same one for $25 shipped the other day

ablank

Reaction score
Where did you find that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To the Community:

Has anybody tried a 64gb micro sdxc with the DX and/or does it work? I know some devices are seeing the sdxc card after it's reformatted in the device and all seems hunky-dory even though it's an sdxc and not an sdhc...

Thanks!

PS - I'm already using - quite successfully - a 32gb class 4. This post is about the 64gb sdxc card. Anybody have one in their DX yet? It's spendy, I know...

The sdhc cards are compatible... But not the exfat system that the sdxc cards use... And when the card was reformatted in the phone.... That dropped the storage space on it....and "converted" the card to am sdhc.... Kinda

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks Nemo. What does the storage capacity become, then?

If you format the card with the phone... the storage will be in a fat32 system I believe... But it will actually ruin the card and you'll lose the capacity the card was intended for... And unless they've integrated the sdxc system in... Same thing will happen with most computers unless you install an update they makes the system compatible...

Post script: I so wish the sdxc cards were compatible... There's just something about the ability to gain up to 2 terabytes if storage to my phone... That's very appealing

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

KaPi

Reaction score
I have seen conflicting info about this card maybe working maybe not. Soooo, I'm taking the plunge. I ordered one online today (yes, it's Christmas Day) before running over to open presents with the fam. I'll receive it within a week or so and will let you know what I find. I have a Droid 3 that I'm going to try dropping it into BTW.

KaPi

Reaction score
It works! I received the card a few days ago and just plugged it into my Droid 3 today and it works! My droid recognizes 59.46GB storage space available! :)

schatzy62

Reaction score
It works! I received the card a few days ago and just plugged it into my Droid 3 today and it works! My droid recognizes 59.46GB storage space available! :)

Great that it works in your D3 but the DX is a different beast and that is what we are talking about here.