Anybody know how to change the volume of the keyboard?

CaptainDango

Reaction score
So I need to hear the "clicks" when I'm typing away on the virtual keyboard but is there anyway to adjust the volume on the clicks?

I was at the DMV typing a message and everyone was looking at me because the keyboard clicks are so loud. Click click click Clack Click click!

:)

windstrings

Reaction score
So I need to hear the "clicks" when I'm typing away on the virtual keyboard but is there anyway to adjust the volume on the clicks?

I was at the DMV typing a message and everyone was looking at me because the keyboard clicks are so loud. Click click click Clack Click click!

you can go into setting under sound and display then "audible touch tones" and uncheck it and your keypad will be silent... I don't know how to turn it down.

Another way thats even more conveinent if you like the sound to normally be on is to simply pull your volume down with your side button ringer volume adjust... while it won't go down as you pull the ringer volume down,, it will turn off once you get it so low that it mutes.

sericd2010

Reaction score
Go to Settings > Sound & Display, and adjust the Media Volume. This worked for me.

meaker

Reaction score
I have a volume app. That you can adjust all the volumes(alarm, in-call, notification, ringer, etc. What I find retarded is Motorola have the keyboard volume tied in with media volume. So every time you turn the volume up for a video or music it then makes your keyboard to loud. I know you can turn it off completely but I like it to have some sound. Somebody need to come out with a app to seperate the two apart

mjs31

Reaction score
Tone picker, volumizer (I believe) etc will allow you to adjust system volume which is basically the keyboard. It also allow you to adjust for media, ringtone, alarms etc individually.
Stock cannot do this. Only on or off. I personally use tone picker.

cplus

Reaction score

I'm the same way with the clicks.. Piece of cake! Install Quick Settings or AudioManager and access the 'system' specific volume. Turn system volume to the level you want your key clicks at.