anybody else having problems with the otter box case?

illchild316

Reaction score
so i buy the otter box case from amazon after hearing great things about it and i put it on my droid 3 and it doesnt fit...one corner wont click down with the rubber padding underneath the plastic but if i take it off its clicks on ...anybody else having any problems?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TVo

Reaction score
I am, actually, but it doesn't really effect the case in general. I thought it was supposed to be that way.

I have one of the first ones that came out.

snstr1

Reaction score
I bought a no name case off the cart at the mall cause it was a hard case and it has a pop out stand, and I have the same problem with one corner doesnt click in. Looking at the back of the phone its the upper left corner, just above the volume keys. Doenst affect it but bothers me for some reason.

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
Is it possible that the camera sticking out just a little is affecting it? It's in the same corner that you guys are describing.

shane1

Reaction score
I've been rockin the otterbox case since it came out. Fits very nice all the tabs are secure, id make sure the rubber is seated right if that's not the problem id return it for a new one must be faulty

acoers

Reaction score
Yeah on my camera side corner isnt attached very well. I can pull it off pretty easy.

bitz

Reaction score
I too was having issues. Resolved them by taking off the battery cover before putting the case on. Still have a loose corner on the face of my phone (screen half), but that doesent bug me as much.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
I

illchild316

Reaction score
the case is actually sitting nicely on the phone now...the back wont click in place but its still on pretty secure ...i learned to appreciate the case after i went a day without it and the little m on the back got all scratched while i was working...working in a warehouse and smartphones do not go good together

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
I can get it to snap all the way on but it is very hard to do and fits very tight. I usually just take the battery cover off. I take the case off and on a lot because it doesn't fit in my running sleeve (I need to find one that can fit my case I think). With the battery cover off it fits fine, which I think is poor design, but whatever, make it work I guess.

wildride89

Reaction score
Yep taking the back off is the trick I believe. I just bought a trident aegis case for the little droid and I had to take the back off too.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I had the same problem til I realized I was putting it over the extended battery. So just took the battery cover off altogether and win.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk