Anybody else had this happen???

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Received my Nexus 6P two days ago. Today, with no warning, and with a full charge, the screen went black. It would not reboot. Eventually I pushed the start button and the down volume button, and after a few seconds the little Android guy appeared, and after a few more seconds the screen indicated that my apps were being optimized. It thereafter booted up. Since the app optimization occurs after a software update (I've already had three of them in two days!), I assume that something happened during an update, but it was somewhat disturbing, as I have never had this happen with a phone. Anybody experienced this, or know what was happening?? Thanks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have seen some posts reporting the exact same thing on the Moto Forum after the Marshmallow update; but no explanations as to why it happens. Chalk it up to just quirks that accompany new OS updates?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The reason you had multiple updates is, security patches are done in sequence. If your phone was manufactured in January then it had to do the February security update followed by March and April. Your screen off issue was probably nothing to worry about, you were probably in the middle of an update at the time.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The reason you had multiple updates is, security patches are done in sequence. If your phone was manufactured in January then it had to do the February security update followed by March and April. Your screen off issue was probably nothing to worry about, you were probably in the middle of an update at the time.

I would tend to agree with this.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Updates can cause funny stuff to happen.. All seems to be well now...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks, all. And FoxKat and sajokaz, great to see you again on this part of the forum!
I try to read as many new posts as I can every day. Lots of good information on this forum, and never know which phone I might end up with next.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
^^^^
All's well...hasn't happened again. No doubt it was connected with a software update.