Any word on Zynga (Facebook) games

Mongoose

Reaction score
My wife plays Farmville and YoVille...I play some Mafia Wars and Special Forces. Any word on whether or not the Droid will support those types of games ?:icon_ devil:

nanllyn

Reaction score
Mafia Wars on Droid

Just got my Droid on Friday, so far it is absolutely hands down the best phone I've ever had. I did have a Sammy Omnia prior to Droid. Wasn't sure if I wanted to get rid of it so soon but having lots of sync problems with it. Don't regret getting the Droid for a moment. Enough about that.
As far as facebook. I didn't realize you wouldn't be able to play the Zynga games on the Droid. But this is not a problem for me. I could use a break but I know with Mafia Wars that if you are logged on to Facebook, whether you playing Mafia Wars or not, that you can be "attacked" by mafias. So this leads me to my question. Are you always logged on to facebook with the Droid? And if so I'm assuming it's just that same as if logged on to the computer Facebook and I can be attacked. So if all of this is true can you log off of Facebook (if you are always logged on anyway)?
Thanks so much,
Nancy

Last edited:
OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
nanllyn - Now thats an interesting question...and you are absolutely right. I was thinking that it might be a bit unfair to ask these questions on this type of forum and that perhaps the "questions" might be better addressed to the Zynga folks. After all...they will have to develop the software. Guess I'll give that a try. I know someone developed a workaround for the Storm(s) but I can't seem to find it. It's not a deal breaker ... but my brother in law has the iPhone and he's playing all the time. :icon_ devil:

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Does this mean that Flash apps are available for iPhone but not the Droid and BB's. Thats not good...a lot of people play those games and thats one of the big attractions on the iPhones.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Does this mean that Flash apps are available for iPhone but not the Droid and BB's. Thats not good...a lot of people play those games and thats one of the big attractions on the iPhones.

IMO, if you're picking a phone based on whether or not you're able to play Zynga games out of the box, you should step back and re-evaluate your priorities. LOL!

We'll likely be able to keep up with our Farmville farms when Flash support comes out in December or January.

mrredskin

Reaction score
yeah just wait it out. it'll (hopefully) be here in two months time. til then, everyone who can get on fb at work will continue to lap me in leveling on mafia wars :(

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Keep in mind the iPhone has been out for a long time and that Android (especially Android 2.0) is still relatively new and unexplored... Before you know it, there won't be much your Droid won't be capable of doing. When Flash support opens up, you'll be able to do so much more!

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
I thought they said that about the BB's too. Learned the hard way that it just wasn't so. My Storm continues to perform adequately but thats about it.

Hey there ZC...this is just one little aspect of the Droid. I'm still not 100% convinced that I need to get these things...and I do get a wee bit tired of shelling out $200+ a pop for something that doesn't/isn't doing exactly what I want it to. I like the iPhone and many of my friends have them...BUT, we have all learned that when we are in the middle of a lake in ID/WA/OR someone had darn well better have a phone with VzN...so that we CAN email/speak with clients, brokers etc. AT&T just doesn't cut it....and if I'm going to pay...then I want to be able to play...and I have to buy 2...blah blah...so on so forth...LOL...:icon_ devil:

Reaction score
Guys, the iPhone Zynga games aren't flash based, they are self-contained programs. I don't think they tie in to FB or MS to get to your account, you have to start over. iPhone doesn't have flash either. That's one of the complaints on the iPhone since it's launch was that it didn't have flash.

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Guys, the iPhone Zynga games aren't flash based, they are self-contained programs. I don't think they tie in to FB or MS to get to your account, you have to start over. iPhone doesn't have flash either. That's one of the complaints on the iPhone since it's launch was that it didn't have flash. Yesterday 10:23 AM

Thanks PPG...this makes the most sense. It is also consistent with what the many iPhone users say about the Zynga games....they have to start over and create new identities etc etc...So now..back to the original question. :icon_ devil: