Any way to get my contacts to sync?

Phaze08

Reaction score
I just flashed the liberty gb nightly and everything seems cool except my contacts won't sync. Any way to fix or is this is a known issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just flashed the liberty gb nightly and everything seems cool except my contacts won't sync. Any way to fix or is this is a known issue?

This to me is the equivalent of, "I just traded in my old car for this car. Everything is fine but the engine won't start."

If you can't sync your contacts, the everything is not fine. It's a major issue.

The D2 is not the original Droid due to the locked down bootloader. I'm not surprised that people have issues, specially with these 'nighties."

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
You know what I mean hook. The rom has only one major issue. Am I doing anything wrong?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I realize he's asking for help, and trust me I'm not being a smart.

What I said is the truth, he can't consider it alright if after installing these things contacts don't sync. I'm saying to him be careful with the installation of these things on your D2. I'm saying that it's not as easy as changing ROMs on other devices.

And I'm not just saying it to him I'm saying it to anybody else who reads this thread. Rooting, changing ROMs and "nighties" may not be a great idea. Heck I managed to brick my phone without even having a ROM installed.

So I'm not being smart I'm being serious. Root if you must but realize there can be consequences.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know what I mean hook. The rom has only one major issue. Am I doing anything wrong?

If I had a fix for you I would have gave it to you right then and there I have no idea what you have installed. What I would do is attempt to flash whatever your back up is and hold off on installing it again.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
I understand this is a work in progress but I like to see how its going and if this can't be fixed at this time oh well. Just asking to be sure I can't change a setting im missing.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Well thanks for your help. Never had this problem before but I guess ill back next time.

bgg1084

Reaction score

Did you do a complete restore with TB or did you hand pick some?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Hook I'm surprised you would leave a response like this, disappointed too. He is asking for help not a smartass reply. And he said everything SEEMS cool, not everything's fine. Offer advice or nothing at all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I agree. Hate to say this hookbill, but judging from a lot of your recent post, you're turning into a smartass instead of being an actual Supermoderator. If you can't offer any help, then it's best not to post at all. You're only giving the impression to others and beginning to make others think you're going to give nothing but smartass comments. You're only tainting your reputation here.

People are trying to move forward here with new, interesting things to do on their phone. I'm one of them and working hard on finishing a theme, and developing this one app to help many. Without this community, or the hard work that is put in, the Droid would just be barely a blip on the radar.

As for the contacts problem, this SHOULD be resolved by jrummy fairly soon. He wasn't able to quite recreate the problem in order to put in a fix for account syncing and likewise. There seems to be a couple threads indicating a temporary fix for it now (one here in the Liberty ROM section) and elsewhere. I was trying to help a fellow Liberty GB user get his syncing going but it's not working out just yet. This is a very new ROM so there is a lot to be redone, tweaked and re-tweaked. I'm fairly confident that jrummy and his team will have a fix for the contact sync issues. In the meantime, check this thread out... will this help out?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-settings-tricks-droid2-gb-nightly-0-2-a.html

Reaction score

This to me is the equivalent of, "I just traded in my old car for this car. Everything is fine but the engine won't start."

If you can't sync your contacts, the everything is not fine. It's a major issue.

No. Syncing your contacts is more like "the speedometer won't work". It's hardly equivalent to not being able to use a car. It just means you'll have a few mystery calls and texts (or have a frustrating time matching numbers to your online backup) until it's resolved. It's a major nuisance, but it's not a showstopper.